Couple issues with new purchase

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
04.5 SLT Sierra

I have no power to driverside door, changed out whole switch, still nothing. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Second issue is no fan motor, is there a resistor for those? Motor is new, works if hotwired, but obviously no control of it that way. Any help would be great. Thx

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
04.5 SLT Sierra

I have no power to driverside door, changed out whole switch, still nothing. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Second issue is no fan motor, is there a resistor for those? Motor is new, works if hotwired, but obviously no control of it that way. Any help would be great. Thx

Check the wiring in the door where it pivots, sometimes wires can flex a little too much and over time break wires. I've fixed a few vehicles that had this happen.

For the blower motor there is a relay and the wiring to it is notorious for shorting out and burning up, you're just going to have to get under there and check the wiring and the resistor. Sometimes the resistors burn up too.

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Yeah your plugin for your blower motor resistor is prob fried. They sell pigtails at the dealer and I think my local Oreillys has them too. I'm assuming you've already checked ALL fuses, both in the dash and under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Ok, did little checking on window issue, have power to door switch, changed out switch, still nothing, all wiring into door looks to be in good shape? Kinda stumped!!!#

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Have you tested for power at the window motor when you hit the switch? The motor may just be bad.

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Changed bcm, still nothing, changed door harness, changed fuse block, still nothing, anybody got a bright suggestion?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No, but none of the windows work or the door locks nor heated seats

Do the windows work from their door's individual switches? If so, it could be a bad drivers door module. As for blower, the relay setup/plug/harness is usually the issue

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Have you flashed all these modules you've installed in the truck? Some are vin specific and won't work without flash I think.