Coolant leak driver side!!!!

Ncfirefighter18

Mar 3, 2016
West yadkin NC
OK I done a bunch of research and still cant fine a decent answer so maybe this will help(since I new to this forum be nice) I notice the other day that I had a coolant leak. the leak happen after sitting in the fire station bay for two days not ran or nothing. it was a very small leak and only thing I could tell was a couple drop on bell housing(driver side) and front drive shaft u joint. I the best I could tell it coming from some where by the oil filter. I look on top side of motor cant see nothing and all round the head and cant find nothing. look over a egr and no fluid there that I could find.! :banghead: I guess the leak is so small it not showing its ugly face. Also no pressure on rad. hose, no milky oil. Any ideas?

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Pressurize the system and see where it drips. Coolant flows through the oil filter housing, and there is also a coolant feed line for the turbo.

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
Maybe this can help you. This is with the rear aluminum plate off, so that the engine can be bolted to engine stand. Those two orange O-rings in the rear of the block are coolant passages, and merge into the oil cooler (part of the oil filter housing).

Ncfirefighter18

Mar 3, 2016
West yadkin NC
yeah that helps a lot!! now to figure out why its leaking:suicide:Hopefully its just needs a bolt or two tighting because a couple drips a hour to me doesn't warrant a drop tranny and such!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I'd take a close look at the oil cooler. Pressurize the system and look there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ncfirefighter18

Mar 3, 2016
West yadkin NC
Well got home after work and found the leak. I'm assuming there is a copper washer thaT bolts the oil cooler to the adapter or something. It's looks like a stud that's 1/2" but u can see it's leaking a little right there.(not the head studs) question is now can I replace that washer or just presidental rig it with atv since it's not a serious leak!

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Mine had a leak at the pipe connecting the oil cooler to the water pump, found about 2 months after I purchased the truck with 37,000 miles in 2013.