Coolant in oil

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
Took a good look at the water pump tonight and the weep holes were clear, so guessing that wasn't it ????

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
I finally got time to work on the truck, I installed a new water pump, hooked up the whole cooling system, put new coolant in and bled it, pressure tested it at 15 psi for awhile and I got nothing coming out of the oil filter housing and nothing out of the oil pan, pressure is holding. I'm gonna keep pressure on it for awhile and see what happens

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
No actually the water pump didn't have any play in it, I kinda figured the water pump wouldn't leak under pressure cause it wasn't moving but since I replaced it I ruled that out, and if it was the cooler it should be coming out the oil filter housing, and if was a head or head gasket it should be making its way down to the oil pan under pressure I would think???

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Well it sucks when you can't pin point a problem. Are you going to reseal all the cups? Sometimes a crack only shows when it's heated up. Let us know if you find the problem. I would throw it back together and see what happens. But I usually do things the hard way

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
Pressure tested for 24 hrs now and it hasn't dropped a bit, I'm just gonna put it back together and run it, see what happens if it pushes coolant again then I know it's most likely the heads

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
Well got some time to put the truck back together after the busy holidays, truck runs great, does not seem to be pushing any coolant at this time but I do have an issue the oil pressure gauge is reading 0 all the time with the check oil pressure message, I checked for actual oil pressure and mechanically oil pressure is fine, the speedometer is also pegged all the way up?????:confused:

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
Found the oil pressure gauge issue, it was a pinched wire behind the power steering pump bracket, got the truck out and running and have no signs of coolant going in the oil yet

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
I left the cups they were fine, the more I looked at stuff and thought about it I'm pretty sure the problem was moisture from sitting in a gravel floor building for 3 months

Freddo123

May 28, 2021
It was a hard lesson learned. I would pressure the coolant system and never lost pressure. But was loosing a lot of coolant in the oil. So I pulled the heads to have them checked. While I had the truck tore down that far I decided to change the 200k water pump. And that's when I found the problem. I couldnt tell the holes were plugged until the pump was off. And I never expected the pump because it wasn't leaking.
Hey I'm looking at a 01 lb7. He said the water pump was leaking so he replaced it. He said it's mixing coolant into the oil. He said he thinks he messed up the seal / gasket. Would this cause coolant in oil? He said the coolant system is not pressurized.the truck is studded.