Converter

nobleeagle707

Oct 2, 2022
Hey all... new here..... never been much of a forum guy but I'm a general tech not a trans guy.... I got a 15 lml with weight loss 10mm stroker cp3...hsp piping.... and what's left of a 68mm dans diesel turbo.... I put the turbo on a couple months ago and other than it taking so long to spool that I'm damn near in second gear before it spools... it's been great..... until last week when it grenaded... that's really besides the point because ddp is stepping up and fixing that.... while I got the cab off (other than replacing the intercooler) I'm just gonna jump in and rebuild the transmission but I really need some input on what converter can put some power to the ground for me.... I'm hearing a 3000 stall will really reduce my spool time and put it down but does anyone have a similar build they can recommend a converter for? I daily drive the truck and tow a 30 ft gooseneck on the weekends with my racecar builds and my 40 ft 5th wheel every few months.... thank you for any input I can get

nobleeagle707

Oct 2, 2022
Hey all... new here..... never been much of a forum guy but I'm a general tech not a trans guy.... I got a 15 lml with weight loss 10mm stroker cp3...hsp piping.... and what's left of a 68mm dans diesel turbo.... I put the turbo on a couple months ago and other than it taking so long to spool that I'm damn near in second gear before it spools... it's been great..... until last week when it grenaded... that's really besides the point because ddp is stepping up and fixing that.... while I got the cab off (other than replacing the intercooler) I'm just gonna jump in and rebuild the transmission but I really need some input on what converter can put some power to the ground for me.... I'm hearing a 3000 stall will really reduce my spool time and put it down but does anyone have a similar build they can recommend a converter for? I daily drive the truck and tow a 30 ft gooseneck on the weekends with my racecar builds and my 40 ft 5th wheel every few months.... thank you for any input I can get
Oh and it has 35 inch tires

nobleeagle707

Oct 2, 2022
Pardon my ignorance but what brand is that? Where would I get it? The gearing is no issue as I was gonna be heading that route in a few months

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Personally if you're towing a 30ft trailer very often I would get that 68mm out of there and go to a 64mm stage 2 VGT. I would then use a Goerend R/DK/DL or BF paired with that setup. You could also run a Limitless/Suncoast 1078, they can only be purchased through Limitless/Inglewood Transmission I believe at this point.

LMLs don't have quite the finite vane control that the 04.5-10 trucks have so they can be a pain to get right, with larger VGTs making that problem even worse IMO.

Reactions: turbovan