Congrats Mark! 8s 1/4 mile with an Allison!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Thanks guys! Yes, I'm having a converter/lockup clutch issue with it. Did it at Wagler's also but I thought it was my fault cause the lockup switch was on the steering wheel so I fixed that which means it is the converter itself most likely. At this point I don't care one bit, has 12 passes on it without being touched!

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Thanks guys! Yes, I'm having a converter/lockup clutch issue with it. Did it at Wagler's also but I thought it was my fault cause the lockup switch was on the steering wheel so I fixed that which means it is the converter itself most likely. At this point I don't care one bit, has 12 passes on it without being touched!

What converter are you using? My intent isn't to start a "this converter is trash etc" but more so just curious as to what is surviving this torture lol.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Congratas!! That is such an awesome ride! Love the look and setup of it!

Is lockup what you reach down and switch shortly after launch and flip back off after hitting the shoots at the end? Reverse shift pattern with the shifter?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
What converter are you using? My intent isn't to start a "this converter is trash etc" but more so just curious as to what is surviving this torture lol.

It’s a 1072 we aren’t sure yet if it’s blowing through it or actually unlocking due to a electronic/solenoid issue. Mark hasn’t been able to get a solid log on the truck yet so it’s a guess at this point. The fluid looks too good and smells too good for it to be blowing through lockup in my opinion.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
It’s a 1072 we aren’t sure yet if it’s blowing through it or actually unlocking due to a electronic/solenoid issue. Mark hasn’t been able to get a solid log on the truck yet so it’s a guess at this point. The fluid looks too good and smells too good for it to be blowing through lockup in my opinion.

Hell yeah man. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with once you can get it to stay locked up!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Sounded like it just unlocked.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Sounded like it just unlocked.

That would be the best case that the solenoid is just bad and needs replaced! It doesn't stall up like it is supposed too either which is making it hard to hold back at the line to launch it. Either way it still worked enough to get the job done and give us a great starting point and direction to go with it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Sprag or race might be bad causing it not to stall out properly. That would make the converter act more like a fluid coupling and not multiply tq. I doubt the F trim solenoid is bad. You guys might be in uncharted territory here at your power level and speed concerning TCC apply.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Congratulations Mark and Evan, the dodge boys ain't gonna be very happy with ya'll if you end up beating Lavon's 7.993 pass haha

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I know I'm super excited to see what happens when they get the bugs worked out and this thing dialed in, and of course the fact that Mark's been my tuner for several years now makes it even better.

buick455

Sep 26, 2010
It doesn't really sound like the converter blew through the clutch, it sounds like it was mechanically or electronically released. From what Evan stated above I assume none of the logging saved? Would be interesting to see if the TCM commanded it and it would also be interesting to see the rpm spike. It sounded like A LOT of rpm! Were you able to capture anything?