LLY: Confirm what I already know/How big injections should I go?

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I'm learning alot here.

My single BIGGEST goal here is street manners while maintaining good power. This truck is more a weekend warrior than a 1/4 queen. Home elevation is 5xxx' with frequent trips to well over 7000'. I'd like to be able to shoot for 1000rwhp on spray but fuel only would be a big plus.

I have no intentions of driving it on the street on a big tune. Maybe 6/650 and be able to turn up the wick some to take on my buddies 800rwhp 5.9 or run the 1/4.

If I twin it later (next year-ish) it will probably be with an S483 or similar.

I'm not looking to break records/make a name. Just have a competitive truck that will run with just about anything it sees on the track.

Altitude sucks, just something I'm going to have to live with. Learned that as well with my VR4. At this point leaning heavily towards 60% overs. Worse case scenario is I have to swap out to bigger down the road. At that point I'll probably pull the motor/trans for a refresh to check everything out and do some cleanup/powdercoating/wire tucking.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I think you would be happy with 60s then. I just wanted to throw out the idea of 100 overs to see what other people thought. Going to have to start paying more attention to threads like this. I want to throw my truck into the running for DPC and they say altitude is the biggest enemy there.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
with your HP intentions i would go with 100% over vs 60%... JMO

From what others are saying it wouldn't clean up at my elevation?

I think you would be happy with 60s then. I just wanted to throw out the idea of 100 overs to see what other people thought. Going to have to start paying more attention to threads like this. I want to throw my truck into the running for DPC and they say altitude is the biggest enemy there.

I was going to go with 100% overs. With all the talk about how much tuning has come along I didn't think it would be such a bad deal. Didn't really think altitude would play that drastic of a part. Glad I posted up before pulling the trigger

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
From what others are saying it wouldn't clean up at my elevation?

I was going to go with 100% overs. With all the talk about how much tuning has come along I didn't think it would be such a bad deal. Didn't really think altitude would play that drastic of a part. Glad I posted up before pulling the trigger

I would also go 100's and run less pulse width. They clean up fine depending on who is doing the tuning.....:thumb: