Concealed Carry Holsters

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
If/when I ever start regularly carrying concealed, I'll do so while simultaneously joining the USCCA. They provide you lawyers immediately, give cash for bonds/legal fees/etc. in the event you do have to use deadly force on someone. Just seems like smart insurance. I'd recommend you all look into them if you carry regularly.

....and read/study/know the laws of your state...:thumb:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Of which, the USCCA also seems to have excellent resources to study up on each state's laws. The have informational videos, case studies, etc. They seem to really offer a lot to their members.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
hey i tried carrying a ruger .357 6" barrel for a while. didnt quite work out well as a concealed carry on me :roflmao::roflmao:

:D ...well duh papa smurf

Now that you carry a weapon comes the caveat, what do you say or not say IF you shoot someone in self defense or protecting another person. I have a suggestion, nothing and state you need to speak to lawyer before making ANY statement to law enforcement.

Or, my life or the other persons life was in imminent danger then invoke you lawyer's right to remain silent and then STFU and don't make statements to anyone other than your lawyer....:thumb:

The decision to CC should never be a light one. That's a choice made to take a life should the situation warrant it. I made the choice because of past circumstances.... Thank God I always keep stuff (re..."weapons) in my truck. A piece of 1" black iron pipe is definitely no .45, but if not for that, I may not be here today. Like Josh said, I'll take my chances with the 12.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Now that you carry a weapon comes the caveat, what do you say or not say IF you shoot someone in self defense or protecting another person. I have a suggestion, nothing and state you need to speak to lawyer before making ANY statement to law enforcement.

Or, my life or the other persons life was in imminent danger then invoke you lawyer's right to remain silent and then STFU and don't make statements to anyone other than your lawyer....:thumb:

I agree, but don't take it to far. The cops are good guys and so are we. We want to be on the same team. Be cordial, point out evidence, give facts, and state you where in fear for your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ1991

Nov 21, 2014
Winfield, MO
I hope these show up....

I work on military bases away from home. So when I'm traveling this is the holster I use. Fits directly under the steering column. And since I work on military bases, they tend to frown on me carrying a piece on base. So I have to leave it behind daily. Kinda sucks but I like my job.

91d0a0b2b3d9785e05329af7ab82b38b.jpg
56bf28b8f499909cc0b30a86f099fe57.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I've been looking for one of these for awhile now. Let me know how it works.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
I started using the original Urban Carry with my G43, I have the new version of the Urban Carry now. By far the most comfortable concealed carry holster I have ever wore. I wouldn't want to carry a big gun deep concealed though.

I have watched the commercial on it and I would like to see if my full size XD 45 will fit in it. What do you think? Currently I carry on my hip, as the XD really likes to dig into my love handles.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I killed two birds with one stone. When I got my seat covers from Wet Okole, I optioned for their carry pouch attached to the driver's seat cover. It works well with my CW45 and a spare mag.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
I've been looking for one of these for awhile now. Let me know how it works.

I would be so afraid of my gun being stolen if left in this holster. If you want to open carry your firearm inside your vehicle it would be better to have it in the door pocket. It is more concealed than under the steering wheel and it is easier to get quickly and more covert when you are ready to use it.

glazier606

Jun 21, 2015
I have watched the commercial on it and I would like to see if my full size XD 45 will fit in it. What do you think? Currently I carry on my hip, as the XD really likes to dig into my love handles.

They definitely make a size for that gun. Only problem is drawing it, bigger guns are much tougher to cleanly draw from deep concealment. I don't like my 26 or 19 for this type of system, the thin 43 works great. I love the Urban Carry with a thin 9mm.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
So, I should probably start carrying my Lcr 38 inside an Urban Carry. That would be a great fit if I just liked shooting it. We have 2 .38's and they are terrible at accuracy any distance further than 5 yds.
Now, how do I get it away from my wife? She keeps a .38 in each of her 2 purses and a 9mm next the bed, I am on the road a lot and so I keep my XD 45 inside the truck.

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
Between VA Beach & Tallahassee
I would be so afraid of my gun being stolen if left in this holster. If you want to open carry your firearm inside your vehicle it would be better to have it in the door pocket. It is more concealed than under the steering wheel and it is easier to get quickly and more covert when you are ready to use it.
Actually you can't see anything when you look in my window. You've really gotta be looking for it to see it. Also, my truck sits up high enough that it's damn near impossible to see down below my steering column by just looking in the window without a step stool or bucket to stand on. Also, tinted windows help.

Like I said earlier, I use it while travelling. Not day to day.

Bottom line, it works great for me.

glazier606

Jun 21, 2015
So, I should probably start carrying my Lcr 38 inside an Urban Carry. That would be a great fit if I just liked shooting it. We have 2 .38's and they are terrible at accuracy any distance further than 5 yds.

Now, how do I get it away from my wife? She keeps a .38 in each of her 2 purses and a 9mm next the bed, I am on the road a lot and so I keep my XD 45 inside the truck.

The LCR would be a good fit

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Actually you can't see anything when you look in my window. You've really gotta be looking for it to see it. Also, my truck sits up high enough that it's damn near impossible to see down below my steering column by just looking in the window without a step stool or bucket to stand on. Also, tinted windows help.

Like I said earlier, I use it while travelling. Not day to day.

Bottom line, it works great for me.

Even when you tell the officer you have a gun in your possession during a routine traffic stop it puts them on high alert. Always a good idea to notify the officer, but....

https://www.google.com/search?num=1...131i67k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.c5_9C4PivCA

Last edited:

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Even when you tell the officer you have a gun in your possession during a routine traffic stop it puts them on high alert. Always a good idea to notify the officer, but....

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/0...playlists/philando-castile-shot-in-minnesota/

I've been pulled twice and told the officers I have a CCW permit and I am armed which is law here in N.C. and I am still living to tell about it. In N.C. when they run your tags it tells them you have a CCW permit and you have to tell them you have it even if your not armed. Just because you catch the tail end of something doesn't tell the whole story.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I've been pulled twice and told the officers I have a CCW permit and I am armed which is law here in N.C. and I am still living to tell about it. In N.C. when they run your tags it tells them you have a CCW permit and you have to tell them you have it even if your not armed. Just because you catch the tail end of something doesn't tell the whole story.

Most people seldom READ let alone get the whole story..:thumb:

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
Between VA Beach & Tallahassee

https://www.google.com/search?num=1...131i67k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.c5_9C4PivCA
Three friends of mine in Florida are LEO'S. It is not required to notify police during a traffic stop that you have a gun in the vehicle in Florida. And they all three said they'd rather not know. I've also asked a few here in VA the same question and gotten the same response. My father in law is a retired Florida sheriff's deputy and he agrees with them all. If I get stopped and the officer asks to search my vehicle, I will notify them at that time. Otherwise, based on my research, I don't see a need to tell them unless it's a state law in the state in which I've been stopped.

By no means am I trying to hide anything and by no means would I ever argue with an officer but that's my right in Florida, Georgia and Virginia where I travel the most. When going thru the Carolinas, if stopped, i will notify them as it's required. I am choosing to exercise my right. I make every attempt to abide by the laws in the states I travel.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
Three friends of mine in Florida are LEO'S. It is not required to notify police during a traffic stop that you have a gun in the vehicle in Florida. And they all three said they'd rather not know. I've also asked a few here in VA the same question and gotten the same response. My father in law is a retired Florida sheriff's deputy and he agrees with them all. If I get stopped and the officer asks to search my vehicle, I will notify them at that time. Otherwise, based on my research, I don't see a need to tell them unless it's a state law in the state in which I've been stopped.

By no means am I trying to hide anything and by no means would I ever argue with an officer but that's my right in Florida, Georgia and Virginia where I travel the most. When going thru the Carolinas, if stopped, i will notify them as it's required. I am choosing to exercise my right. I make every attempt to abide by the laws in the states I travel.

I'm no Leo but I see it as the inside of your vehicle as private property which by some state laws it is.

Id like to know how small some of you are to not be able to conceal xyz. I'm 5'11" 165 and I have carried a full size M&p/tlr1 concealed in a bravo concealment holster. Also have an alien gear that's damn comfortable but it's not setup for the light.