LB7: Completely gelled up!

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
Thankfully I have not had any issues with gelling. My filter was changed this fall and I also add the 8oz of Power service at each fill-up. Plus I plug is in. -15 the other night and she popped right off.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
well i grabbed my spare A/D filter base, and I don't really see a way to get the fass heater in it. there are two set screws on either end that would work, but the heater fitting would hit the other fittings, and probably would work. You could drill into the base from the back side of the base, but the mounting bracket is in the way. I suppose you could drill through the front, but i'm sure A/D would void the warranty...

Which really sucks because that thermostat controlled heater looked pretty slick. One more reason I wish I went with FASS...:roflmao:

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
i'm sure someone could make one, it would have to match the threads in teh A/D base, since theres no room to enlarge the hole and cut new threads, without having the heater kit in front of me, I couldn't say for sure though. I don't know what the dia. of the heater probe, to determine how much room there really is for an adapter.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Got mine running again today. Had to crack a fuel line on the ficm to bleed air out. Had the charger on the batteries overnight so they were strong enough to crank. Put it in the garage to thaw out and it's ripping around again like nothing happened.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
Got it going finally yesterday. Wednesday night I added some diesel 911, and diesel fuel supplement. It cranked Thursday, let it idle a while, and took off. It did great all the way home.

Lets backtrack a little. Monday night: it was 3F outside, and the wind was pretty bad. Ive been sick, and needed to get some stuff. So I headed out, got about 15 minutes from my parents, and all the sudden It starts losing power going down the highway! Get wheeled around headed back towards their place, but Have to pull over.

It idles a minute and dies. While I was wagering my options, and turning into a pop sickle a state trooper stops by. He gets his lights going so I don't get ran down, and I just gave up and got a tow. Hated to, but really I wasn't going to hitch a ride to wally world & back just to stand around for pneumonia to set in. It felt like the frozen tundra out there with that fever and all. Now this weekend its going to be in the 60's :spit:

Last edited:

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
Got mine running yesterday too. Wednesday night I put in some 911, changed the motor fuel filter with some 911 in it also. Went to start it after that and still nothing. Turned the key on, walked around and cracked open the bleeder and I had fuel coming out. Went to tighten the bleeder screw and broke it. Fuel running everywhere till I got the switch shut off. That's when I realized the bleeders are plastic. Thanks Izusu! Got the new one installed yesterday, left the fuel pump run more fuel up, cranked her over and nothing. Then tried it again and she fired right up. Not sure exactly what happened, or where it froze. I'm assuming it froze the filter or lines up around the motor somewhere.

allen8106

Feb 8, 2014
Mine has been gelled up every time it below zero.
Added double dose of power service white bottle and 911
And gelled up.@18-
Put new cat filters and heated the truck up ran great
next morning gelled up again@ 10-now with 2bottles of 911
Heated up the tank again and change out the the plastic head filter and added non bio fuel to top it off
It sucks
Will see tomorrow what happens

I understand the 911 stuff in the red bottle is only to be used if you are already gelled up??