Compact twin kit

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
lol after 75's and a pump your short comings will be your rods..... Very cool setup. much less of a hassle than normal twin applications with the piping and stand off the block.

Headless_Horseman

Street Sleeper
Sep 27, 2011
Stn Mtn. Ga/Iraq
That kit is sounding better and better! Do you think a pair of turbo socks would help hold the heat in and make better use of it? I am not sure in this situation their benefit but might be worth a shot. But I can't wait to see full specs on this setup and pricing on it, sounds like what I have been looking for.

One thing I forgot to ask and I guess once the full specs are released that will answer the question but does this kit make use of the stock VVT or even use a VVT for the high pressure charger?

Last edited:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
That kit is sounding better and better! Do you think a pair of turbo socks would help hold the heat in and make better use of it? I am not sure in this situation their benefit but might be worth a shot. But I can't wait to see full specs on this setup and pricing on it, sounds like what I have been looking for.

One thing I forgot to ask and I guess once the full specs are released that will answer the question but does this kit make use of the stock VVT or even use a VVT for the high pressure charger?

No it does not use a VVT at all

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
that one had an s366, but was it Ben that said they did it with the vgt? I don't see why a vgt couldn't be used?

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
He said they were custom chargers.. Now you may could do a custom 3794 or 4094 or something for the high pressure but not sure if you could with the stocker.

NO... The kit is built on a T4 foot for the high pressure turbo. We aren't going to engineer a kit to be nice and compact, then muddy the water with a dumb VNT, VVT, VGT... VGT Tech is for emissions, not HP.

This is the middle ground, proof a theory prototype. We will do a smaller towing oriented kit, and a larger max effort kit. Just going to take some time. With a set of properly sized fixed geometry turbos, you'll forget all about a Variable setup.

Don't fixate on the heat either, the stinking truck rips! Its no different than a single S366/73 in initial response, just with a lot more pull in the middle and upper RPM's.

Caleb

05Monsterdmax

May 31, 2011
Making any headway on these kits? Sure woulda been nice to have a set towing the camper all summer :/. Wearing the ole 472 down.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Well time or the lack there of has proven to be the biggest factor. That and a persisting fuel leak the lead to prematurely pulling them off prior to any dynoing to get the duplication process started. But have some other projects to line out before we do that. So we still wait. The truck will be backed into the shed and hibernate for the winter. I may get a wild hair and throw some rods in it. Or just sell it, and buy another one. Yet to be determined, and maybe open to offers. However the setup still looks cool, even sitting under my desk!

Caleb