LB7: Cold Air Kits

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I am looking to change my air kit. I have been using a Airaid kit and it seems to be restricting air flow into engine. My filter minder is always sucked to its limits, even when the filter is clean. Which kits are the best for turbo upgraded engines?

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I am looking to change my air kit. I have been using a Airaid kit and it seems to be restricting air flow into engine. My filter minder is always sucked to its limits, even when the filter is clean. Which kits are the best for turbo upgraded engines?
out of testing stock, swiss cheesed stock, AFE, Volant and Banks with ram air, I like the Banks the best

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
I bought the S&B intake, I like it and its customizable!
DSCF0827.jpg

Last edited:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
X2, a stock cut one works just as well. I wouldn't worry about it till you get a larger turbo.

I guess it depends if your looking for every last .10 in the 1/4 :hug:

Trust me I wasn't happy when Pat put the Banks on my truck, until I saw the dyno # and then ran it at the track :D

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I guess it depends if your looking for every last .10 in the 1/4 :hug:

Trust me I wasn't happy when Pat put the Banks on my truck, until I saw the dyno # and then ran it at the track :D

I agree with you on the ram air, but from what I understand there isn't nearly as much to be gained from others:eek: