cognito questions

tomc983

tomc983
Jan 20, 2009
New Jersey
im thinkin about buyin the cognito leveling kit and want to know what kit you bought and or what you recomend buyin for the kit

Fat_Robi

I may be wrong, but...
Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV / Provo,UT
I got the leveling kit with pitman and idler arm braces and tie rod sleeves and it has been great for me. Chad at Alligator took care of me and I am sure will do the same for you.:D

motohed

dirty payback
Apr 15, 2008
escondido, ca
great kit unless you want to do boosted 4wd launches on pavement. you will bend or break even the hd or heim tierods they offer.:eek: my friend had many issues with this. reason is they offer more "droop" travel than stock, alowing your arms and steering to more than max themselves out, causing tow in of the wheels. otherwise excellent kit.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
great kit unless you want to do boosted 4wd launches on pavement. you will bend or break even the hd or heim tierods they offer.:eek: my friend had many issues with this. reason is they offer more "droop" travel than stock, alowing your arms and steering to more than max themselves out, causing tow in of the wheels. otherwise excellent kit.

Um I'm not sure about this?:confused:
I run the HEIM's and I'm sitting on 35" Mud Terrains with a 6" Fabtech lift. I've done MANY boosted launches on the track and on pavement and never a single problem in 2 years.

I'm not sure how the supposed "greater than stock droop travel" would have any effect on your tie rods, maybe the centerlink joints, but not the rods that I can see.

Not saying it didn't happen, but if he is bending the Cognito steering compenents, there isn't another set-up out there that will hold up better and he likely has something else going on.

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA

I would like some pics of this, the tie rods are almost double the size of a stock one.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

tell your freind that there is no part out there that can handle boosted launches with out the tbars lowered , as far as moore droop , yes the front end can come up higher than stock with the cognito upper control during a launch .................but if its rising tell him to get some better shocks and he should be fine . the cognito's are very strong peices mine have taken lots of abuse and never blinked about it .

motohed

dirty payback
Apr 15, 2008
escondido, ca
Um I'm not sure about this?:confused:
I run the HEIM's and I'm sitting on 35" Mud Terrains with a 6" Fabtech lift. I've done MANY boosted launches on the track and on pavement and never a single problem in 2 years.

I'm not sure how the supposed "greater than stock droop travel" would have any effect on your tie rods, maybe the centerlink joints, but not the rods that I can see.

Not saying it didn't happen, but if he is bending the Cognito steering compenents, there isn't another set-up out there that will hold up better and he likely has something else going on.

i take back the part about the hd rods. he is running those now with his 4-6 lift. he broke stock, and the heim ones when he had the leveling kit.. his tbars were cranked all the way. i have cognito stuff and love it.