Cognito lift install

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Has anybody ever put a 4" lift in a cc, just wonder if any cutting is involved to put it in. Mine may be coming out just wondering anything has to be put/welded back in.

Thanks

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Pretty sure you have to cut the diff bracket off the frame and the mount off the front diff

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
clrussell is correct, you have to reweld the piece cut off back on for the diff bracket i have took two lifts off and it is nice if you can just find someone who wants your lift and swap them everything. That what we did both times

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Yeah that's what I got, buddy wants it, I knew something was cut off, but also heard some lifts are designed to not cut that piece off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
IIRC Congnito also sells a bolt version of that bracket to replace it if you cut it off. That is if you wheren't/didn't want to swap.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Save the piece of the xmember you cut out and it can be welded back in if you want to return to stock. The driver side gets cut, the pass side gets un bolted. Like said above, one mount on the diff also gets cut off and Cognito sells a bracket to go back to stock. A full Cognito install will take you 8-13hrs depending on how your setup. There is a place that sells the cutoff xmember too, incase you loose it ;)