Codes On My Allison

ENC_Diesels

Jan 18, 2009
Got a P0700 and a P0872. One for trans pressure switch and the other for trans control system malfunction. Feels like its trying to take off in third gear when I clear the codes or anytime with the check engine light on. I clear the codes and try to give it some fuel in gear and it pops that check engine light on again. Any possible solution for this? where to start and where is shift solenoid C? Pics? thanks

ENC_Diesels

Jan 18, 2009
Stuck E Shift Valve

Thanks Mike. More than likely I will have to pull the pan right? And clean the shift valve? Will it be better to go ahead and clean all of them? I got water in my transmission. :spit:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Thanks Mike. More than likely I will have to pull the pan right? And clean the shift valve? Will it be better to go ahead and clean all of them? I got water in my transmission. :spit:

Clean them all. Call me if you need help.

ENC_Diesels

Jan 18, 2009
help

:help: I took the valve body off and cleaned the valves. Popped open the valve body took everything apart and cleaned it all. Filled it back up and cleared codes today and felt like it was going to drive fine when I put it in gear, 5 seconds later it popped out of gear and check engine light came on again with P0872 it repeated twice with P0700 twice. Would it be the blue pressure swith messing up on me? I made sure all the valves with springs were oiled good and moved before I put everything back in. Puzzled Now Need Alittle More Advice :confused:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
:help: I took the valve body off and cleaned the valves. Popped open the valve body took everything apart and cleaned it all. Filled it back up and cleared codes today and felt like it was going to drive fine when I put it in gear, 5 seconds later it popped out of gear and check engine light came on again with P0872 it repeated twice with P0700 twice. Would it be the blue pressure swith messing up on me? I made sure all the valves with springs were oiled good and moved before I put everything back in. Puzzled Now Need Alittle More Advice :confused:

Trans history?

ENC_Diesels

Jan 18, 2009
Trans history?
Thanks Mike!

The trans only has 112,000 miles on it. changed spin on regularly. got water in it being a dumba$$ trying to pull a buddy out. Just did the HOOT method tonite and cleared the codes. getting some more fluid tomorrow and top it off and try it again. Ran it and kept filling it til the fluid was bright red!