clutch life

ceb0217

Aug 9, 2008
corvallis oregon
how many miles and under what conditions are you guys getting out of your SBC single,duel,and triple disks??? just wondering how many miles i can get out of mine with just medium use

deadeye

Sep 19, 2008
SBC clutches

All SBC clutches will last a very long amount of miles, depending on how you use your truck. Stock driving on a SD Max Con O (single organic) will last very long miles for simplistic driving and stock towing and a minor tuner.

Double discs will handle more towing and rwhp and will last almost for ever. You can wear out them doing huge towing (try being a logger towing 42K trailer up the mountains a lot or doing many, many huge sled pulling) but for most customers they do not have a problem.

More questions?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I have had buddies that use SBC duel discs in their pullers, and some of the guys get a year out of them and some guys have been driving on the same clutch for 3 years now. Its all in how you drive it, they say if you are out of the clutch by 20ft you should have good life.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
My DD is coming out on monday. It was one of the very early ones SBC made. I was one of the early customers :D. It started slipping 2 weeks ago. I'm going on 3yrs and over 95K, towing between 25,000lbs-35,000lbs regularly {grossing over 40,000lbs},lots of sledpulling and lots of playing around on the street. They are great.
I highly recomend to anyone that they avoid the single disc though. I've spoken with 4-5 guys in the last 2mo with singles that are either slipping or having the hard peddle like the stocker does :mad:.
The guys with triple discs seem to like them well. One guy says it drives like a stocker but he's the only one I have talked to directly that runs one. I was debating getting one but the price is still a little steep for me.