Question: clock spring

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
ok so now that i've got my flex-plate and flywheel all fixed up i need to fix my steering column. when i was doing the compression test on my truck the steering wheel got spun around and i'm pretty sure it broke the clock spring. the air bag light is on and i don't have any steering wheel controls.

does anyone have any info on how to replace this and a part number for it. any help would be greatly appreciated. :angel:

mplteddy

Jul 10, 2007
Central Alberta...
www.mplmotorsports.ca
No pictures....but heres the details. Can't remember the part number.

TooltipElement
Service Information
2005 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD | Sierra, Silverado (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 826328
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steering Wheel Inflatable Restraint Module Coil Replacement (Coil)
Removal Procedure
Caution: Refer to SIR Caution in the Preface section.

Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling .
Remove the steering column trim covers. Refer to Steering Column Trim Covers Replacement in Steering Wheel and Column.
Remove the wire harness assembly (4) from the wire harness strap (5).
Remove the 2 wire harness straps (3) from the wire harness assembly.
Remove the wire harness strap (2) from the upper tilt head assembly (1).

Remove the retaining ring (1).
Remove the SIR coil (2).
Remove the wave washer (3) from the steering column upper shaft.
Installation Procedure

Align the block tooth on the upper shaft to the 12 o'clock position (1).

Notice: Ensure all fasteners are securely seated before applying needed torque. Failure to do so may result in component damage or malfunctioning of steering column.

Install the wave washer (1) to the steering column upper shaft.
A new SIR coil assembly will come pre-centered. However if centering is required, refer to Inflatable Restraint Steering Wheel Module Coil Centering in Steering Wheel and Column.

Align the SIR coil (2) with the horn tower on the turn signal cancel cam (1)
Important: Do not remove the tab on the SIR coil until installation is complete.

Install the pre-centered SIR coil (2) to the steering column upper shaft.

Remove and discard the centering tab (1).

Notice: Gently pull on the lower coil assembly wire in order to remove any wire kinks inside of the column assembly. Verify that there are NO kinks or bends in the SIR coil assembly wire. If a kink or bend is present, interference may occur with the shaft lock mechanism. Turning the steering wheel may cut or damage the wire.

Install the retaining ring (1). Verify that the ring (1) is firmly seated in the groove on the upper shaft (2).

Install the wire harness assembly (4) into the wire strap (5).
Install the wire harness strap (2) into the upper tilt head assembly (1).
Install wire harness straps (3) to the wire harness assembly.
Install the steering column trim covers. Refer to Steering Column Trim Covers Replacement in Steering Wheel and Column.
Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling .
© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
I thought you were doing it Sunday but was scared of the weather lol you do it or come down to George?
lol i wanted to do on Sunday but yeah i was scared of the weather, didn't feel like towing it down with my dad's cummins that has bald tires. but i brought her down last night and George took care of me :hug: the drive home was pretty fun though, 95 near philly was a total sheet of ice. there was probably about 30 accidents within a 10 mile stretch of highway :eek:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
next time try select all then copy and if you want it to post the same way you see it there you have to post it in the GM Spec area.