Info: Chrome painting

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Hello I am fairly new on the site I introduced myself a week or two back. I'm from Washington and have a 08 gmc 2500. Fabtec lift 35s, fully deleted, axel dump exhaust, up pipes etc etc pretty much everything I can do maxing out my motor. Just got it back from the shop I had a ppe stage 5 build kit and triple lock converter installed, waiting on my efi trans tunes and new motor tunes to come back before I take her for a rip. Anyway I had question about painting my chrome bumpers. I have everything color matched (mirrors, handles, window rain visors) I was thinking on doing all the chrome black problem is most the shops I've talked to try to discourage me from it saying it Wil look bad sooner then later. I don't want custom bumpers because I already have a ass load of money in the truck and 2g for a bumper is bs. Any help would be great. Doesn't need to be perfect just good enough lol.
57315c32128fc2913494529ad1085756.jpg

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
I just replied to your post in that other thread you posted in about color matching,
Yas I seen it thank you. Some times people don't answer so I decided to make a post. Didn't know it was in the smoke out section tho lol. My bad.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
picture.php
picture.php

Obviously our trucks are different colors but this gives you somewhat of an idea. The lighting and itself and ofcorse pictures don't do justice depending on the shop you find they can be color matched exactly. The place I went to had all the paint codes for GM paint and matched the powder exactly. And the clear powder on top really helped alot to protect it. I do have some rock chips but they aren't chips they are more like dents from rocks bouncing off the bumper. Instead of taking paint with them.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
picture.php
picture.php

Obviously our trucks are different colors but this gives you somewhat of an idea. The lighting and itself and ofcorse pictures don't do justice depending on the shop you find they can be color matched exactly. The place I went to had all the paint codes for GM paint and matched the powder exactly. And the clear powder on top really helped alot to protect it. I do have some rock chips but they aren't chips they are more like dents from rocks bouncing off the bumper. Instead of taking paint with them.
Dang I like that a lot. Your truck is savage too I might add.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I will second the fact that if I had an obs I would want it to look like yours... every time I see the avatar I stare for a second lol

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
My chrome had been painted before i got the truck. Someone scratched the crap out of it so paint would stick. Been about 7 months now and still looks amazing on my truck

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

So your bumpers are powder coated not painted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ya lol I just read your other post. I never thought of powder. I just figured I'd just paint them every few years if I do mine...lol . The only problem is the corners of my 08 is plastic not metal like the center of the bumper.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I just blasted and primed then painted my LMM bumpers. Looked great when finished, bumpers are a pain in the ass to dissassemble though.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Ya lol I just read your other post. I never thought of powder. I just figured I'd just paint them every few years if I do mine...lol . The only problem is the corners of my 08 is plastic not metal like the center of the bumper.

You can get the steel ones from the work trucks that's what I did with my old 1500 GMT 900

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I had my chrome wrapped at a shop. Can't even tell. As much road work as they do around here I can always get them redone. Got the back bumper done also.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
I had my chrome wrapped at a shop. Can't even tell. As much road work as they do around here I can always get them redone. Got the back bumper done also.
Like vinyl? Was it spendy? I'm just trying to find the cheapest way but still look decent. Powder coating around my house is spendy.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm