Christmas Gift ideas for dad

Max Power

Mar 16, 2007
Manitoba
What do you get the dad who has EVERYTHING. He is in his mid 50's, buys everything he wants and says he doesn't want anything. He loves tech stuff but buys everything he wants. So I have to find something that he doesn't know he wants yet. :D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My Dad is kind of the same way. He just wants us all to contribute $$ to the local food bank in his name.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
I'd suggest making something for him. I'm sure he'd appreciate something original from you more than something store bought anyhow... My wife loves these little keepsake hershey kiss things made out of glass (similar to marbles), so I made her a little cabinet with glass shelves, glass paneled door, and a little light on top to display them in. Just an idea.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I am with you too, Henry.

a330_bm.gif

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
My old man is the same way...if he wants something he just goes out and gets it. We are both big hunters and we spend alot of time in the woods together so I am always on the lookout for newest and best to snag for him as a gift. The trick is finding it first and getting it to him before he gets it himself. However, he ends up getting Christmas presents throughout the whole year as a result but it works. If I find something cool and wait to give it to him at the next holiday or birthday he will probably already have one so he gets it as soon as I find it.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
My father in law is a real treat to shop for. He unwraps, looks where its made, if it's made in china, he sets it aside and will never touch it again. A couple of years ago it had to have a made in usa tag or return it. But these days thats harder and harder to find.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Do any of your dads have a sheep? ( that you know of )
Buy him a damn sheep and don't tell your mom. Chances are he will house it in the same place his other one is at.:happy2:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Don't get him anything.

That's what mine is getting, along with the rest of the adults in the family.

Hopefully I am getting the same.

The kids get presents, everybody else can suck it. :hello:

Christmas is more than gifts.