Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Now that Easter has gone, time to get back to work.

Just pulled the whole core support. Easy as pie since my fenders were already off.
8c5c1835c0782bfd850148f0b77a95cb.jpg

And a little while later, engine is out. Kinda nice not having the valve covers in the way. Real easy to get to the Bell housing bolts.

18dd303c464ef73552ffd64da08ce3d3.jpg

Few things to address while it’s out. Turbo drain has a leak at the turbo and Starter wire connectors are rotating around when they shouldn’t be at the solenoid.

Did buy a set of tow flow up pipes from rick and asked that they not be squished since I have twins. I’m having a real hard time not upgrading a cp3 while I’m here

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Got the engine all torn apart sunday. Things looked pretty damn good for the miles and beating it got. All the bearings look awesome other than the cam bearings, they look like they had a rough time. i have a feeling its from hot oil and high rpm since they see oil last. Since we had the thread on thrust clearances from Callies, i measured mine for shits and giggles. .006 clearance leaning on it pretty hard. at assembly i was at .005 based on my old notes. Just have to pull the pistons off the rods so they are ready to go down to the machine shop when pistons show up. I do want to mock the water pump on the block so it will take my LB7 pump and veryify twin mounts and what not.

I also have been going back and forth on upgrading push rods. Decided to pull the trigger and bought a set of hamilton push rods to go with the valve springs. didnt like that the stock one was bent for who knows how long. Went with the high volume melling pump too for more oil when things get hot.

no pics but my garage is a wreck :roflmao:. gathering up a list of things to sell off as well.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
it really sucks all this jewelry will be hidden :D. I mean, cant even show a little cleavage with it :roflmao:

14yjL8Bl.jpg

O5asSaNl.jpg

still waiting on a few more parts to show before heading to the machine shop. looking like the end of the month before it gets there.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just gonna have to keep it forever now...:D

that was pretty much decided when i had to do the heads :roflmao:. Wife and i had a long discussion and shes gunna be with us till we are gone from this earth :D

What up pipes are on the truck currently?

Just the stock LB7 federals. i put a LML manifold on a couple years ago but nothing else.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I like the way you and your wife think:thumb: I came close to selling my blue truck in Alaska to buy Ryan Thackers old truck, I just couldn’t handle someone else having my baby...

Pistons are purrdy:happy2: