changing clutch

ceb0217

Aug 9, 2008
corvallis oregon
ok so hear is the problem i ordered a sbc clutch with a solid flywheel an SD MAX CON FB and all i got was the disk and the pressure plate do they ship them separately???? maybe for weight reasons??? and what kind of trans/ transfer fluid should i use I do haul my camper and pull my trailer total of about 20,000 # any help would be great thanks curtis

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
If they shipped it seperatly I would think it say 1 of 2 on the box. I would get in touch with Southbend Monday morning to see what is up.

ceb0217

Aug 9, 2008
corvallis oregon
I ordered it and a down pipe and a boost valve all at the same time and each package ( i got the down pipe and the clutch minus the fly wheele ) had a diffrent tracking # but they only gave me one trk # it was for the clutch and about the trans oil??

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Im willing to bet he sent you a upgarded "stock clutch" that still uses the stock flywheel. I have other buddies who ordered from there and got the wrong stuff!

As for oil i run regular old ATF dextron III with a bottle of lucas ATF oil!

ceb0217

Aug 9, 2008
corvallis oregon
ok just an update i did get a hold of the company i got the clutch from and his supplyer sent the wrong kit out and did not send the ppe boost valve so he took care of me and next day ups ed the flywheel thanks a lot for the help and suggestions
curtis

ceb0217

Aug 9, 2008
corvallis oregon
I got the truck together tonite and put about 5 miles on it and so far i like it its a little grabby but im hoping some of that will go away with use and getting use to it also the trans is louder than before but i think thats dew to the solid flywheel i also put mobli1synthic atf 5 in it and it shifts a lot better than before i weight the clutch assemblys and the south bend clutch is 9.5lbs heaver than the stock i think it helps with clutch less shifts :D