LML Changed fuel filter and cel comes on

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
Ok I have changed the fuel filter on my boss lml and boom cel come on po180 what is it from and how else can I fix I do the same thing on my lly and I even rest ff life % can you help me figure it out

Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
What brand/type filter did you use? Use of something other than an original Racor coalescer has caused pressure drops and even stumbling in some trucks (even "good" brands like Wix). I haven't personally seen it because my baby is still on the factory Racor at about 30k and going strong and I plan to put another Racor in its place.

Off the top of my head you should be using an ACDelco part # TP3012? Not sure but it's easy to google... 4 micron depth pleated synthetic micro glass filter made by Racor.

Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
FWIW the reported LML stumbling and dropping fuel pressure was Mike L with a brand new WIX fuel filter. Said it would stumble and hesitate at 80mph and full throttle (highest fuel flow demand), then the fuel filter life would instantly drop to 0% and I believe throw a code...

Never seen it first hand but I can tell you there aren't many filters with higher quality filter media than the factory Delco TP3012 and there's no way that WIX can have one balance the same 4micron single pass efficiency and still match the flow rate of the factory filter inside that tiny volume plastic can. It seems they chose to sacrifice on the flow rate.

Also FWIW I'm a chemical engineer by education and I'm pretty commited to the factory Delco or Racor 4micron fuel filters. No reason to change until you start upping your power demands, and actually I've never changed mine yet at 33k + miles. Some people may think this is irresponsible, but alot of people have a hard time accepting that modern off-the-walmart-shelves oil can last 18k miles towing heavy and modern synthetic microglass filter media can filter smaller particles AND flow more fuel AND hold more dirt before clogging. Trust the science and 10yrs of development behind the LML, the filter and fluid life monitors have been proven accurate with factory or higher quality equipment :thumb:

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
Well this is on my boss'struck ant I'm not Gona take a chance going back to ac delco filter Wix plastic is junk IMO. And that's what I'm sticking with.

Dmax2418

Mar 14, 2014
Wix are awsome filters but with no lift pump it is to hard for the injection pump alone to pull fuel through it, several have had the same problem that you are having after switching to the wix.