Center section rebuild or replace

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Think the 04.5 may have an issue with the limited slip. Is it better to put new clutches in it for about $300 or look into something like a Trac Rite for $800.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Since it spends most of its time on the road, a detroit locker or a Grizzly locker might be harsh and hard on tires.

Anyone ever rebuilt the stock unit?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Since it spends most of its time on the road, a detroit locker or a Grizzly locker might be harsh and hard on tires.

Anyone ever rebuilt the stock unit?

keep your foot out of the throttle when makin corners and it wont be ;). And im not talking coasting through a corner, jsut dont go hammering the throttle around each corner.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
The yukon still clanks and bangs at will.. I pulled my diff cover twice already, since I installed the Yukon Grizzly for inspection.. I also called Randy's Ring & Pinion to pick there brain. It seems to lock up great but is a bit anoying for a true DD IMO.. ;)

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I have not had a problem per say with the yukon, but it constantly seems like its binding when making sharp turns (from a dead stop) or backing up under power with the wheel cut. I never rode in another truck with a yukon so I dont know if its acting right or not :confused:, but according to Randy's the racheting type locker's like the grizzly are noisy.. I am going to give it and the new E-locker a try next weekend at the pulls and if they dont perform a decent amount better on the track, my stockers will be going back in..:)

Ian J

Nov 5, 2010
Merredin Western Australia
I have the ARB RD139 air locker for the 11.5 with is just a huge version of the normal lockers they make and they are tough when locked but will still play nice on the street havent used it yet but I thought the posidrive type lockers were a bit smoother than described