Caution - LBZ Drivers side Charge Pipe wear.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
I forgot to throw it up when we were putting the new motor in my truck, but anyone with an 06-07 LBZ needs to look that the drivers side charge pipe just behind the where it slips into the intercooler boot and check for wear. Mine had rubbed off almost 1/2 the thickness of the pipe in the 44K that I have driven it. It looks like the cable that attaches to the battery jumper post is rubbing on the pipe. We wrapped it with heat tape to protect it from further damage. I will get pics tomorrow, to dark tonight.

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
Yes, Chad, please post up some pics. I need to know where that is at so I can get it taken care of. Thanks for the info.;)

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Chad might wanna have it welded up and built up or weld a piece of flat bar over it, or maybe a stainless band clamp...The heat wrap will wear super fast, remember my down pipe rubbing a little on cab, it ate it quick...just a thought.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Thanks for the info Chad. When I was in California, I discovered the Driverside clamp that holds the boot onto the intercooler was installed so that the threaded end had almost rubbed a hole through my brake line!!:eek:

Another thing to watch for.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Thanks for the info Chad. When I was in California, I discovered the Driverside clamp that holds the boot onto the intercooler was installed so that the threaded end had almost rubbed a hole through my brake line!!:eek:

Another thing to watch for.

Thanks, I'll check that out too.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Chad might wanna have it welded up and built up or weld a piece of flat bar over it, or maybe a stainless band clamp...The heat wrap will wear super fast, remember my down pipe rubbing a little on cab, it ate it quick...just a thought.

I tie wrapped the cable so that it wouldn't hit the pipe anymore before we put the pipe back in. I looked at the tube just a minute ago and it hasn't touched it since.

Mama is home sick, so no camera today, and I don't know how to load a pic from my phone.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I tie wrapped the cable so that it wouldn't hit the pipe anymore before we put the pipe back in. I looked at the tube just a minute ago and it hasn't touched it since.

Mama is home sick, so no camera today, and I don't know how to load a pic from my phone.

email it to yourself then save it and down load it :)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sounds just like the "power steering line rubbing the lower IC pipe" issue we LB7 guys have.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
one more....My right front inner fender liner has rubbed pretty bad on the RF brake line! Check that one guys! Safety 1st:hug:

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Pic finally:

100_0694.jpg

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
chad pull them out and jb weld it sand it and paint it with some rino liner or something, tough and keeps it from getting holes rubbed in it and keeps the heat out too.

i can get pic of mine when its sunny out.