Cant solve vibration

Yuptown_lly

Oct 20, 2016
Central Virginia
I have a 2005 cc sb lly with belltech lowering shackles keys set to where the front sits a tad lower, 16x10 classic 2s with 285 toyos. I have a vibration driving me insane, basically at all speeds but 45 seems to be the worst. The steering also seems to be off a bit, not as tight as it usually is and at higher speeds it really gets loose. Year and a half ago I installed moog pitman and idler arm/bracket, moog tie rods, moog hubs, ball joints, sway bar bushings and links. The front end is basically rebuilt, a few months back i also installed blistein 5100s up front but i still have some cheap ranchos in the rear. The vibration is constant, but it gets real bad on any rough road, where the truck usually just has the one solid bump going over bumps or potholes its like it shakes over them if that makes any sense. A friend of mine said it feels like a bad shock but theyre nearly brand new? I thought i saw some play in the idler arm the other day so i pulled it off today and it looked pretty good, changed it anyways also installed a new steering stabilizer, it seemed to tighten up the steering a little but the vibration hasnt changed. Im tired of throwing parts at the truck, anybody ever had an issue like this?

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Start with the simplest and get tires rebalanced at a different shop.
From there check wheel bearings?
Driveshaft,U-Joints...etc

IMO I would guess you have a tire out of balance:thumb:

Yuptown_lly

Oct 20, 2016
Central Virginia
When I was just driving the truck I happened to hear a pop noise every time i would make a sharp turn that seemed like it was coming from below my feet. I checked around some and when I tried moving the torsion bar crossmember I thought I saw some movement so i took a bar to pry on it and there is definitely play there, actually both bushings from crossmember to the frame. Could this cause a vibration?

slammed4x4

Oct 29, 2015
Sonoma County, CA
I have a 2005 cc sb lly with belltech lowering shackles keys set to where the front sits a tad lower, 16x10 classic 2s with 285 toyos. I have a vibration driving me insane, basically at all speeds but 45 seems to be the worst. The steering also seems to be off a bit, not as tight as it usually is and at higher speeds it really gets loose. Year and a half ago I installed moog pitman and idler arm/bracket, moog tie rods, moog hubs, ball joints, sway bar bushings and links. The front end is basically rebuilt, a few months back i also installed blistein 5100s up front but i still have some cheap ranchos in the rear. The vibration is constant, but it gets real bad on any rough road, where the truck usually just has the one solid bump going over bumps or potholes its like it shakes over them if that makes any sense. A friend of mine said it feels like a bad shock but theyre nearly brand new? I thought i saw some play in the idler arm the other day so i pulled it off today and it looked pretty good, changed it anyways also installed a new steering stabilizer, it seemed to tighten up the steering a little but the vibration hasnt changed. Im tired of throwing parts at the truck, anybody ever had an issue like this?
Have you checked the drive axle pinion angle? You might need to install a set of angle shims on the leaf spring pack to get the correct angle. That might be what's causing the vibration when you are going at faster speeds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Scarface39

Oct 6, 2016
New Mexico
Have you checked the drive axle pinion angle? You might need to install a set of angle shims on the leaf spring pack to get the correct angle. That might be what's causing the vibration when you are going at faster speeds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Have you done anything to your rear driveshaft lately might be where the vibration is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wturnbo

Mar 9, 2017
Flagstaff,Az
Having issues with cab mounts only 1 holding on driver side an only 2 on passenger side cannot tighten them up. Does anyone know how to get them to tighten up? Is there an access panel or hole in the cab? I am having vibration issues in steering column an about 70-75. Also when turning up an incline to the right there is a pop below my feet.balanced tires and new ujoints new cv shafts.

Last edited: