Can't seem to write script w/ different op system

bmos37

Nov 23, 2008
Gainesville,FL.
Ok,
Fairly new here, but I am trying to do a script from a tune with different operating system from mine. I open up mine 1st then open the other tune that I want to do some scripting from and I can't get past the area that tells me I am trying to use,load, another operating system that is not the same as mine. I have followed every thing from one of the members that put together a really nice scripting tutorial but it hangs up there, anything I am not doing right? Need some direction on what I am doing wrong.

bmos37

Nov 23, 2008
Gainesville,FL.
Change the VIN, and save.

Close and reopen, should work then.

How does changing the VIN make it work when it's the operating system that is the problem. Or are you saying change the VIN on my stock tune to match the VIN on the other operating system that is causing the problem or vice versa?

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Change the VIN on the tune you are trying to load.....I just went through the same issue on my tune from going to a 02 from an 01 tune.

It wouldnt let me flash until I changed and saved, then closed it so I full flash.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
the OS has to match to make a comparison or script. if doing a DSP script you need a tune in dsp form with no changes and the same OS with all the changes to the dsp tune and then it will work