Can you achieve 600 horse on efi tuning, intake and exhuast alone?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
:rofl: the tuner is "wickedcummins". He is definitely FOS. He got BBQed over at CompD earlier this year. Please dont invite that troll over here.

Nobody has gotten a tune/exh/int truck to 600, even with an overly-generous dyno. Dustin got close.

Holy crap Tom I havent heard of that guy for like 2 years... untill now. Didnt he have a white long bed common rail swap in an 01 or somthing like that???
I think the company he is talking about is ATS.

He's a ATS nutswinger.

TQMONSTR

Nov 19, 2009
Canada
600 stock turbo i highly doubt. U would be pushin it really hard to get mid to high 500+hp. I would have to see track times to back it up.

Could you define "pushin it really hard"? One more thing: Could someone explain to me why "track times" are the be all end all of how much power a truck makes? IMO there are way too many variables when drag racing for it to prove how much hp you are making. I could maybe see the mph telling you something but i don't know for sure, Iv'e only been drag racing twice.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Yeah thats him, brian. Then he went and started his own forum, 1320diesels i believe. Its a place where all his nutswingers can hold hands and sing "kumbayah".... that guy makes up more shit than Wade Moody ever did..... thats saying something.

If he said 600, he meant 400.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Holy crap Tom I havent heard of that guy for like 2 years... untill now. Didnt he have a white long bed common rail swap in an 01 or somthing like that???

Yup. That be him.

If you want some entertainment, read this:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1784833#post1784833

or this:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127453&highlight=wickedcummins

The BBQ sauce gets pretty thick in that second one. Dex's Dyno sheet in the first one is priceless.

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Lol. I remember those 2 threads, there was some good entertainment for a few days. :rofl: thanks tom, now im re reading them.

jzts0214

Nov 29, 2010
Strasburg CO
Oh i c you guys know of him. He is the same way when it comes to boats. It was funny. The first post he ever posted on tigeowners was. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER. He is talking about this boat he just bough because it had problems. He just sold his boat now and what does he do. HE buys a new tige.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Lol. I remember those 2 threads, there was some good entertainment for a few days. :rofl: thanks tom, now im re reading them.

Yeah Wes, it was funny. Those Comp guys will eat a BSer alive.

My truck put down 511/999 on a Hot+2 without a liftpump back in 2008.

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
That i can believe. Ive seen a few trucks do that but usually with low miles on them.

Most unbelievable truck ive seen was a ccsb owned by this kid in MD. I watched that truck rip off several 12.9s.....with a tune and exhaust. 200k miles, a bolt in his wastegate hose, no lift pump, no built trans and a 3400us tune. That truck was a freak. Only weight reduction was removing his toolbox.

Then he blew it up a month later.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Most unbelievable truck ive seen was a ccsb owned by this kid in MD. I watched that truck rip off several 12.9s.....with a tune and exhaust. 200k miles, a bolt in his wastegate hose, no lift pump, no built trans and a 3400us tune. That truck was a freak. Only weight reduction was removing his toolbox.

Then he blew it up a month later.

I think that describes quite a few of us here. :roflmao:

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
From my experience with my LLY I wish I would have left mine stock. I think with just my efi live tune and scIII I could have made the power I am now. I went through a couple days worth of trouble pulling the drivers side top of the motor apart to take the fuel rail out to shim it when that did not even fix my problem. It tuned out I needed to adjust my regulator current inefilive although the FPRV opening ccould have caused it. I just took off my lift pump and I still hold rai, pressure fine and I know my exhaust dint do anything for me except make a really annoying drone at 1800rpms. If I would have left thinngs stock I would have a lot less broken and everything would be put together right instead of put back together half way. If I could do it all over again I would have a completely stock truck with just a transmission and efilive.