Camshaft spec help

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Here is the specs on the cam (DPR) i have been running in my 3.0 puller. 470* intake 459*exh 112*centerline 232 dur intake 230 dur on the exh cam is retarted 3.2*

I can't get the egt down and have gone threw three sets of heads. the first two had oversize intake valves and melted the exh into the water port. The set of heads on it now have stock size valves but keeps burning the seats up i get about four hooks before i loose compression The egs are 1900 @ the end of the hook. Do you guys think the cam is the culprit of all the heat??

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Here is the specs on the cam (DPR) i have been running in my 3.0 puller. 470* intake 459*exh 112*centerline 232 dur intake 230 dur on the exh cam is retarted 3.2*

I can't get the egt down and have gone threw three sets of heads. the first two had oversize intake valves and melted the exh into the water port. The set of heads on it now have stock size valves but keeps burning the seats up i get about four hooks before i loose compression The egs are 1900 @ the end of the hook. Do you guys think the cam is the culprit of all the heat??

No cam is not the issue. What turbos and who tunes it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I guess with the class you are running a single. Usually you would run less lsa with a single charger but that shouldn't be causing your problem. You said it is ran retarded which is also unusual. How does it perform other than the issues you have reported?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
What kind of injectors and cp3(s) are you runnin? Maybe your fuel is not getting atomized well enough to combust at the proper moment?
If your combustion was happening "through" the opening of the exhaust valve instead of "before" the opening of the exhaust valve, that would cause your problems, could be alot of things really, the specs on your cam look pretty sweet, doubt its that.

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Truck runs great for about 4 or 5 hooks then valves start to leak @ the seats. CPs are one danville one exergy, injector are Exergy 150%. Turbo is a bullseye comp 83. I put water injection on the motor two pulls ago but not using a lot of water maybe about 1/2 cup. Only ran one # 13 nozzle from what i am told that not even close to enough water.
Chad i will give you a call tomorrow.