Info: Cab light info is needed please

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
I'm going to be installing a set of cab lights and I would like to kmow the measurements of the locations of STOCK cab lights. The distance from the wind shield, from the seal on the roof to the first single light and from the single to the center piece.

Thank you in advance. :)

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
when I tried to install a buddys, I measured my stock lights and after putting them on the buddys truck, the measurements went out the window! Just space them where you want them and make sure the bottom of the lights meets the curve on the top of the truck. Stand back and make adjustments.... Its easier than what you think and you will be happy with what you come up with.
I just found the center of the top of the truck and started from there, making sure all the lights were symetrical. Then once finished, measure the end lights to the end of the top of the truck and make sure they are equal. Stand back and check out your work.

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
If any one gets a chance can you snap a picture of how the lights sit, like from the side of the cab looking right over the top as straight as possible?

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
I have smoked head light, smoked market light, smoked fog lights and smoked tail lights with a blacked out 3rd brake light. Both my running lights and turn signals are amber so I was thinking of just breaking up the smoked look run the amber ones, got a good deal on these. Of its sunny out tomorrow I'll get some good pics of my truck.

As far as the NBS and NNBS, it seams to me that the gas sided classifies the trucks different. I know the NBS is or was the 99-02 Silverado and the 03-07.5 was or is the NNBS but just guessing that the NBS is the 03-07.5 and the NNBS would be 07.5-present.
:coolspot:

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I have smoked head light, smoked market light, smoked fog lights and smoked tail lights with a blacked out 3rd brake light. Both my running lights and turn signals are amber so I was thinking of just breaking up the smoked look run the amber ones, got a good deal on these. Of its sunny out tomorrow I'll get some good pics of my truck.

As far as the NBS and NNBS, it seams to me that the gas sided classifies the trucks different. I know the NBS is or was the 99-02 Silverado and the 03-07.5 was or is the NNBS but just guessing that the NBS is the 03-07.5 and the NNBS would be 07.5-present.
:coolspot:

I'm not sure if this is correct or not...

I always classified '01-'02 as just that (their own), our trucks ('03-'07) as classics, and the '07.5+ (LMM/LML) as NBS.

I was referring to '07.5+ smoked lights, they are a lower profile. You already have the lights so the point is moot.

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
I was looking at them at first but I wasn't sure how they would look.

If you could still get that picture tomorrow or when ever would be great. :)

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
Awesome! Thanks. Do you know if 07.5-present lights have a different bolt hole patteren? Just got me thinking before I do drilling...

thneill

Whered all my $ go
Aug 23, 2011
East Texas
Im planning on installing cab lights on my 6.0. Was going to go with the 07.5+ style. Let me know how the install goes. Was going to order the lights pretty soon.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
The single lights are 4 1/16" from the upper part of the rubber windshield gasket to the center (forward most point) of the rubber gasket on the light (basically the amount of roof showing is 4 1/16"). The middle is 3 1/8" (same measured area as above) from both sides (it sits square).

Edit...I have the pictures but I'm having issues uploading them. I'll try it again tonight.

Last edited:

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
IMG_6105.jpg

IMG_6106.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

That is how the truck looks like right now, it's getting dark out I'll have to start a thread on the whole truck. :D