cab leaking

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Cab is leaking ,passenger floor and driver floor is soaked. Its on my 01 standard cab. I pulled the cowling off and stuck a hose in there but cant seam to recreate the leek.
Any one else with the same type of leek figure it out. Im pulling fenders tomorrow to get a better look. It has done this for a while but now that i rarely drive the truck its worse :(

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Its raining now. So i went out there and the drip is where the passangers right foot would be. Its hard to trace because everything in the cab is wet from the humidity that has accumulated. Im going to have take the interior and head liner out. This really sucks.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wait till it drys up and try this trick

Take a dollar bill and place it I between the door seal with the door shut and the window down. Make sure it's out enough on both sides that you can grab each end.

Now from the mirror, run that dollar bill up the seal all the way to the top corner of the door. If at any point you feel no resistance on the dollar, your gunna have a leak there.

Sometimes all it takes is a good push on the door edging while some one holds he door open to tweak it so it seals when you shut the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Nice tip James!
Now just for the hell of it, I'm gonna check my seals tomorrow
:D

I assume there's no moonroof/sunroof in this truck?
The drain holes can get clogged up and then the backed up water can leak down the A pillar, down the door jam and onto the floor

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Wait till it drys up and try this trick

Take a dollar bill and place it I between the door seal with the door shut and the window down. Make sure it's out enough on both sides that you can grab each end.

Now from the mirror, run that dollar bill up the seal all the way to the top corner of the door. If at any point you feel no resistance on the dollar, your gunna have a leak there.

Sometimes all it takes is a good push on the door edging while some one holds he door open to tweak it so it seals when you shut the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to tweak the driver door on my lly, it leaked by the top of the windshield through the door, and also where the wires came out of the cab to the doors mine leaked there as well, put some dumb dumb around them and was good to go.

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Found it. Rust holes on top of winshield behind weather stripping . Water is getting in and making its way yo the pillers and down to the floor.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I have noticed bubbling on the pass side top of the windshield, under the rubber. I know what it is, but am afraid to look to confirm.
It wont be easy to repair. Thats just how it goes with an 11 year old vehicle.

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Ya ,i live at the ocean. I noticed small bubbling of the paint a few years ago where the weather striping rubs it above the passanger side but it stayed small so I left it. I now have it in three spots but it is small about the size of a quieter. I wish i fixed it when i first looked at it before it leaked bad but i did not want to take the windshield out. I wonder how much this is going to cost now. I hate doing body work. For now tape is going to do. I pulled all the interior today and have a space heater in it now with the windo cracked .