Cab/Bed Alignment

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
So i posted this on the DF, but was hoping to get a for real answer from you guys over here as to WHY this exists. I'm talking about how the body line on the bed is 1/4 to a 1/2 higher on the bed than it is on the cab. we have been debating ways to correct it or if they came from the factory like this. I was hoping a knowledgeable person here had a be all end all answer for me :D

Okay, so I never really noticed much until I took my truck bed off and reinstalled it, but the way the cab and bed contour and body lines align is not good on A LOT of classic trucks i've seen. There is no way to adjust it on the bed, as it mounts metal to metal. Just wondering why this is designed like this, and whether maybe the updated cab mounts will raise the cab up a little. I can't stop looking at it now and it's quite annoying

Examples
IMAG0192.jpg

1333222145.jpg

245a8d40.jpg

mydmax-1.jpg

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
It's just one of those things. I noticed it too a long time ago. I bought my truck new so I know that's how it came from the factory. If you want to lose more sleep over stuff like this , take a look at the tire to fender correlation and you will notice the passenger side tires stick out more;)

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
It's just one of those things. I noticed it too a long time ago. I bought my truck new so I know that's how it came from the factory. If you want to lose more sleep over stuff like this , take a look at the tire to fender correlation and you will notice the passenger side tires stick out more;)
what kinda crappy rigs do we drive?!?!?!??? :roflmao:

this just posted on DF
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/1585757-post33.html

before and after new rear cab mounts

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
Mine has been hit pretty hard 3 times now, last time it was in the body shop we set the lasers up on the body alignment machine and shimmed the whole truck till it lined up right, but the right side is 3/8" lower when looking at the back of the cab, yet body lines match both sides. Figure that one out????

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Out of the 4 CCSB's my dad has and my LBZ, all look the same as yours. Its pathetic!

I took a handful of washers and starting in the back inserted 3 then 2 then 1, left the last mount (closest to the cab) flush. This seemed to help a lot. The washers I used are about 1/8" thick. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
Out of the 4 CCSB's my dad has and my LBZ, all look the same as yours. Its pathetic!

I took a handful of washers and starting in the back inserted 3 then 2 then 1, left the last mount (closest to the cab) flush. This seemed to help a lot. The washers I used are about 1/8" thick. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

hmm. sounds like a good idea. also a lot of work for something that should be right from the factory :(

My LBZ was a bit off but my LB7 is equal :confused:

must have been put together on friday at 4..