C0055 dtc

ssg_johnson07

Jun 6, 2015
I was going down the road about 70mph with cruse set. I tapped the brake, as I was coming into town, to release the cruse control. As I was slowing down at around 60mph the tranny dropped into 2nd gear, screeched the tires, the ABS and BRAKE light came on as well as the dash alarm. I immediately pulled over and grabbed my code reader and checked the codes. Had about 4 codes, one being the ABS C0055 (Wheel speed sensor). I then erased the codes and it went away for about 10 miles then as soon as I got back up to 60mph BAM it down shifted again. After $60 for a tow truck (only because I was out of town and had no friends or family with in about 3hrs of me) got it to the dealer and they pulled the sensor and it had damage to the face, now they are rebuilding the transfer case.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? Just wondering if there was something I should have done and didn't or should not have done and did by mistake. I do not race, although I have been known to smash the gas from time to time to get around that little festiva driving 10mph below the speed limit, I do not drive my truck hard nor do I off road. I have only used the 4x4 like 10 times or so while hunting and or in Colorado on slick roads.

Any advice here would be GREATLY Appreciated!

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Mike, did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same "ghost" C0055 code in my 05 LLY, doesn't seem to cause any problems at all. Speedo works, trans shifts fine. Every once in awhile I'll start the truck up and get "Service Brake System" on the DIC and the ABS and parking brake idiot lights come on, but then as soon as I start moving everything shuts off and goes back to normal. I haven't done anything other than verify continuity on the two VSS pins to the TCM.

Reactions: Jspore82

Jspore82

Apr 23, 2016
Mike, did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same "ghost" C0055 code in my 05 LLY, doesn't seem to cause any problems at all. Speedo works, trans shifts fine. Every once in awhile I'll start the truck up and get "Service Brake System" on the DIC and the ABS and parking brake idiot lights come on, but then as soon as I start moving everything shuts off and goes back to normal. I haven't done anything other than verify continuity on the two VSS pins to the TCM.
You ever figure out the issue? Mine is doing same thing.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
When your ABS lights up, that will automatically light the others and Service Brake System on DIC also Service Trailer Brakes messages. Not that on the attachment, there are different pin numbers to test. The attachment is for my 2008 LMM so that will not be what you need unless you have an LMM

Attachments

• C0055.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 0

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You ever figure out the issue? Mine is doing same thing.
The last post in this thread is from ~8yrs ago and the member who you quoted hasn't been on the page since September 2021. The original poster of this thread hasn't been on the forum since August 2021.