busted G80 posi

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
ok so i know the best thing would be to replace it. but while im saving for a new posi (and possibly 3.73 gears for smaller tires)....whats going to be more expensive? one tire fire or welding the spiders? i drive fairly aggresive around town. and also can the stock axles handle welded spiders? tight turns can be a bitch on axles with a spool. thanks:D

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
ok so i know the best thing would be to replace it. but while im saving for a new posi (and possibly 3.73 gears for smaller tires)....whats going to be more expensive? one tire fire or welding the spiders? i drive fairly aggresive around town. and also can the stock axles handle welded spiders? tight turns can be a bitch on axles with a spool. thanks:D

I have welded the spiders in a couple cars with success but I would be hesitant with our trucks and the TRQ they make.. I have a complete rear out of a dually with a G80 and 3.73's if your interested in buying the whole unit. I also have the front diff with the 3.373 aswell if your looking to go back to 3.73's this could be a cheaper option for you.. Or I am suppose to be picking up a Grizzly locker at a local event on the 19th, so if you could wait a few weeks I would sell you the G80 out of my truck,, cheap!!;)...

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
the truck is 2wd so im as cheap as it comes lol. keep me posted on when you get the grizzly and we can talk about your G80. thanks:)