built trans slipage issue

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
it got the transgo kit and to be honest im not sure on the pump. Ats said the same thing about the fuel that you and mike said. It may not be slipping just a lack of fuel. I should have a lift pump and race valve installed on sat assumes UPS doesnt let me down.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I have also NEVER heard of Gene Jolly... probably not a good thing.

He is a good tuner with a competitive truck. Tuned many of my buddies trucks. He's with RAW Diesel and FWIW He use to be the master tech at the Chevy dealer till about a year ago I believe.

I would say get a lift pump first and you could shim the FPRV yourself with 3 washers. (4mm flat washers IIRC) and youll need a 20mm 1.5 pitch nut also to install the shims.

Where did you get the tranny worked on?

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Your truck could go into Limp mode from low rail pressure, but I think It probably is a trans issue because of the 0700 DTC. But I'm no expert by any means, just a guess

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
it is pretty simple to see if lack of a lift pump or race is causing your transmission limp.... log your rail psi.

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
New symptom maybe

Im towing tonight Maybe 12k counting the trailer. Im running a stock tune.

I maintain accelerator position. Im going up a hill the truck down shifts and when i pick up speed and it goes to shift back into fifth it throws the codes. I can duplicated it. With the flashscan(all i had) I got a p0700, c0040, p1094, p0735 in all codes. In current codes I got a p0700, p0735. Also the R was blinking and I only had one gear. I would assume 4th. I know 1st didnt work when i moved the gear shifter. I going to do some logging this weekend and change the fluid/filters. I want to be sure its trully the build before I have my guy tear down the tranny again. Once again with the stock tune I could hold almost full throttle 0-70mph and it would shift though all the gears fine. Its only limping when it kicks down to forth and back to fifth.

Now - I wonder if Ive got a solenoid sticking?

Last edited:

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
Weather has been to slick to mess around with the driving. I did however change the fluid and filters. Fluid was clear and can be and smelled fine. Internal filter looked dirtier than I thought it should. Not much of anything on the mags either. Thats all I know until I can try to set the codes again.

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Did anyone else notice his comment about the surge at idle? Could have a bad FPR contributing to your low rail pressure codes...Just throwing it out there. Might not be related to your trans issues...

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
It's sounding more and more like you have a set of clutches burning up - more than likely the C3s but could be the C2s. Clutches don't stick to magnets and normally get filtered by the internal and spin on filters pretty well.

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
I may cut the filters open and see what i see. The builder is persentant in making it right and wants my truck back to tear it down. The raptor got rid of the surge.

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
Turns out my stock tune wasnt a stock tune. Redid some tuning and did some testing. I decided i would test my warranty and go out and abuse the tranny. I couldnt get it to slip at all. tada :happy2: thanks for the suggestions guys.