LMM: Built Motor

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
replace the copper washer on that injector it looks like its leaking.

Thanks for the help. I pulled the injector and the copper washer is missing. I am unable to see in the hole because it's the closest injector to the firewall. I am assuming I am going to need a bore scoop to see if the copper washer is still down there.

How does this happen? How can I make sure this doesn't happen again? The copper washer and o-ring were new.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is there a bunch of soot around the injector above where the copper washer would be? If your washer was completely gone, you would have had a high balance rate and the injector would have been rattling in the hole.

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
If it wasn't for bad luck on this project, I wouldn't have any luck at all. The good news, I fixed the blow bye around the injector. The bad news, the return line on another injector was leaking a few day ago. I thought I fixed that, but I thought wrong.:mad: The plastic trip broke off in the injector. I got the tip out, but it looks like I have to replace the entire return line since they are daisy chained together. Does anybody have a part number for the driver side injector return line?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
If it wasn't for bad luck on this project, I wouldn't have any luck at all. The good news, I fixed the blow bye around the injector. The bad news, the return line on another injector was leaking a few day ago. I thought I fixed that, but I thought wrong.:mad: The plastic trip broke off in the injector. I got the tip out, but it looks like I have to replace the entire return line since they are daisy chained together. Does anybody have a part number for the driver side injector return line?

I'd call Tony Burkhard I think he has some slightly used ones. I priced a new and it was over $200.

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
I think I have a boost leak now. I see about 1400 at about 100 mph with a 1700 us pulse. The overall boost is 40 at 90 and 46 at 100. The big turbo is 20 at 90, and 22 at 100. I have played with the wastegate, but haven't seen no improvements or change in boost pressure. I am pretty sure it's not an exhaust leak. I haven't seen any soot around the headers or uppipes. I have pressure tested the system to about 30 psi. I need to go higher, but my setup won't allow it. Any suggestions?