Building up a truck and it's end value?

2qwik4u

May 13, 2014
New to the diesel turbo lifestyle but still contemplating if putting in the money into my truck such as fuel air twins as a bonus and some software to maintain tune is worth it ? Will my truck increase in its value worth or lose it as is in original running condition ?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You might as well Lift the lid on the Sh*tter and start tossing 100's in there:rofl: Your not going to make money on it, unless you steal the parts and truck...

Like Jokr said build it to have fun with it, or drag heavy sh*t around.

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Most people are leery of mods unless they know you and how you treat your truck. When it's time to sell it, banks will not finance one dime of anything you added. Period. Guys who have cash will be your best bet. And most people looking for something to tow a 5th wheel will have no use for big lifts and big tires.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
A lift kit with tires to match I believe is the quickest and most expensive way to decrease the value of a truck. Performance parts won't increase value but depending on what you have the truck may not lose value. Unless your talking built motor territory then you could possibly add some value but not near the dollars you put into it. Like others have said the bank doesn't give a shit, its the guys who know what you've put into the truck and have money to spend.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
I never plan on selling my truck, but if something happens that forces me to sell it.. I will probably get more than I paid for it, which was only $6400 :D

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
About the only way to get any back in the aftermarket world is to buy as much as you can used, and for a good deal, and when you want to get rid of it, put it back to stock and sell all the aftermarket stuff

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I personally won't buy a modded truck or car. I prefer it to be bone stock. Some guys like to buy cars/trucks already modded so they don't have to spend the money to do it themselves. All that makes me think is that the vehicle has probably been beat on.

My last dmax I had. I ripped almost everything off of it and either sold the parts or put them on my new truck. I still didn't get anywhere close to what I put into it.

You'll never get close to what you put into it.