Building twin kits

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
You can't determine which materials to use & aren't a fully equipped fab shop, yet you're going into the business of building & selling compound turbo kits for resale?!?!

Good luck.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
You don't know how Tig welds look on the inside of a pipe and you don't seem to know much about materials, but you're going to go into the fab business for yourself. Good luck with that.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Maybe he took a welding course last year as a sophomore in HS? I give him credit for trying, at least.

Speaking of teenagers....I wonder how dieselson is doing these days.

Last edited:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Better get some serious testing time in as well. Lot of quality kits out there but they took a lot of time to prove them selves worthy to sell to the public. Good luck

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
You may be putting the cart in front of the horse. You may want to get your kit built and mileage on it before spouting out claims of reproduction.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
It's possible to build a twin turbo setup, but not easy. A helluva lot goes into one of those things. Be a damn good fabricator. Cutting-fitting pipe sections and bends to something that looks good and clears everything takes quite a bit of skill. Besides turbos and pipes there're a ton of other pieces.....lines- fittings-hoses-clamps-bracket all must fit together. You have to know which turbos do what and how they work together. You have no clue about this.......don't know which turbos are which, don't know what pipe goes to what, don't even know materials or thicknesses or how to tig weld. And you're expecting to build them and have people buy 'em? Be a damn good tig welder or it'll all look like crap. There's a lot to know if you're gonna' build something halfway decent. The guys who produce these things and do it well know all that stuff and they've spent a lot of time, paid a lot of dues, getting there.

Last edited:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
It's possible to build a twin turbo setup, but not easy. A helluva lot goes into one of those things. Be a damn good fabricator. Cutting-fitting pipe sections and bends to something that looks good and clears everything takes quite a bit of skill. Besides turbos and pipes there're a ton of other pieces.....lines- fittings-hoses-clamps-bracket all must fit together. You have to know which turbos do what and how they work together. You have no clue about this.......don't know which turbos are which, don't know what pipe goes to what, don't even know materials or thicknesses or how to tig weld. And you're expecting to build them and have people buy 'em? Be a damn good tig welder or it'll all look like crap. There's a lot to know if you're gonna' build something halfway decent. The guys who produce these things and do it well know all that stuff and they've spent a lot of time, paid a lot of dues, getting there.

Who the hell are you to tell me what I don't know??? I will be using S400 series turbos as the atmospheric. I had a question, asked it, and then you make a remark like this because your butthurt that I said epr messed up my buddies truck in another thread.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Who the hell are you to tell me what I don't know??? I will be using S400 series turbos as the atmospheric. I had a question, asked it, and then you make a remark like this because your butthurt that I said epr messed up my buddies truck in another thread.

No....your questions tell what you don't know. Reading them a person's gotta think "this guy can't be serious?"

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
No....your questions tell what you don't know. Reading them a person's gotta think "this guy can't be serious?"

I was wondering what piping most kits use??? I didn't know what thickness people use for hot pipe, charge pipe, ect. That's what this forum is for, helping each other. If your going to sit and make smart ass remarks then I don't see how you are contributing to the community.

Find me a 17 year old that is building twin kits. Then you can tell me what I "don't know". I've had accomplishments that few teens in the nation have. I spend half my time at highschool in the auto shop and the other half on diesel forums.

Yes I'm 17, but a Monday to Friday minimum wage McDonald's job isn't going to cut it for me. So tell me, what were you doing as a senior in highschool?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I was wondering what piping most kits use??? I didn't know what thickness people use for hot pipe, charge pipe, ect. That's what this forum is for, helping each other. If your going to sit and make smart ass remarks then I don't see how you are contributing to the community.

Find me a 17 year old that is building twin kits. Then you can tell me what I "don't know". I've had accomplishments that few teens in the nation have. I spend half my time at highschool in the auto shop and the other half on diesel forums.

Yes I'm 17, but a Monday to Friday minimum wage McDonald's job isn't going to cut it for me. So tell me, what were you doing as a senior in highschool?

He can't and I can tell you why. It takes a lot of experience to do quality fabrication, you may be able to do it someday, but I doubt that it'll be anytime soon. The way you conduct yourself reflects your age quite well, perhaps someday you will be building twin kits.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
He can't and I can tell you why. It takes a lot of experience to do quality fabrication, you may be able to do it someday, but I doubt that it'll be anytime soon. The way you conduct yourself reflects your age quite well, perhaps someday you will be building twin kits.

I will have several friends helping me, that have built bike frames with Tig, one welds for a living and has an engineering degree, if all goes as planned I hope to make a kit by this time next year.