LBZ: Building the DD

sterlinLBZ

Okay guys so I had a post in another location but this one came up now and it seems like I will get a little more help with my build. I melted a hole in my #7 piston and tore it down and now I've found myself spending A LOT of money!!!:confused: Oh well it will be a fun truck in the end. After my other thread i was talked out of using forged pistons (Thanks for all you guys that advised me against it!) a few little things tweaked out that ive gotten some advise from and i think its going to be a pretty nice motor

The build list consists of
- 20 over cast aluminum de-lipped and valve cut pistons
- Carrillo rods
- ARP main and head studs
- Suncoast flex plate
- Fluid dampeners harmonic balancer
- Hamilton valve springs
- Industrial Inkection stage 1 cam (keyed) 209Int./216exh.
- Keyed crank
- Bored 20 over block, aligned honed, and blue printed
- Hardened push rods
- Htt 66 MM turbo
- ATS dual cp3's
- 45% over injectors
- Danville Performance dps 5 efi

with that said what do all you guys think about it? Am I in the right direction now? Need any and all input you guys have Ill take it with an open mind. Im sure you all have done a lot more with these motors than i have!

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Everything looks good to me but I may would consider going with Mahle cast race performance pistons of Fingers oval bowls. I assume by your description you plan to use cut LB7 stockers? On edit I see your 20 over I assumed wrong?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
What power level are you shooting for? Injectors may be a little on the small side for a built engine. And I'm not trying to pic your plans appart I just know most built engine setups include 60+ overs.

sterlinLBZ

Idk on the damper yet im still studying on it. But the guy doing my injectors recommended 45% because I do haul several trailers and I don't want to smoke out everyone. Spencer and the guys at danville are expecting 750 with a real good tune so we'll see

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Spencer Simms in lawrenceburg?

I've got a set of 60-over Fleece LBZ injectors I need to unload. I had Spencer (in LB) get them checked for me at DI in Lville and they were good. Let me know if you're interested.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'd skip out on the damper and use the stock one. I'd also use the stock flywheel, but that's just if it were me. If you and a lot of other people feel its cheap insurance then go for it.

sterlinLBZ

yea i know ive been told by several people to run the 45% with what im going to be doing with the truck daily driving it.

and yea Spencer Sims out of lawrencburg, hes done a heck of a job and has helped me out with a lot of kinks in the past and now, what do you want for the set of injectors?