Building a "Local" pull truck

smokinblack

Jun 14, 2010
Hamilton,Ont
max weight is 8500lbs, I think its going to take A LOT of weight to get me there, gunna have to call in some favours from farmer friends lol. I think bfgs are a good tire to try,Id love duratracs but they are a fortune. From what im reading If I have the truck set up good that is more then half the battle. I appreciate all the insight!

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I'm surprised they allowed suspension blocks. No matter how the rules change you'll always be allowed to run a locker. I bet you'll be surprised how many guys show up for local. If you can't put the time or money in your truck for safety equipment you won't have the time or money to fix your truck when it's breaks from pulling is the way I look at it. It doesn't matter what you do with the rules the same people will bitch and moan.

smokinblack

Jun 14, 2010
Hamilton,Ont
Ya I just think some of the rules are a little excessive for a local class but regardless I will obide by them because I am pulling for sure. I am one of those people that wont be able to afford to fix the truck when it breaks too tho LOL. I also hope more guys then I think will show up because I don't want to get there and there only be a few of us and they end up having to change the rules.

WI Huck

Where does the time go?
Feb 8, 2012
Another vote for front locker and rear spool. The transmission will need to be upgraded if you want any power to get to the wheels though. It is no fun going into limp mode at the track!

smokinblack

Jun 14, 2010
Hamilton,Ont
Well bad news here today, The truck got stolen today from my work early in the morning, I cant believe it. Now I am at a loss for what to do. :confused:

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Wow that's unreal, where are you located and got any pictures so we can keep our eyes peeled

smokinblack

Jun 14, 2010
Hamilton,Ont
Im from just outside Hamilton, Ontario Canada. These trucks are WELL known to get stolen around here, its extremely common. I had a kill switch like I do all my gms but must have forgot to enable it.

smokinblack

Jun 14, 2010
Hamilton,Ont
Ya most of them head to the Indian reserve and get stripped and or burned.

Thanks Spiro, I just am so confused on what to do now, I already have had a lot of time and money into this truck so I could pull with it this year, I am at a total loss on what to do.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You said it man. These trucks are stolen so often up here it's crazy! My friends look at me like I'm nuts when I lock my truck up. Boomerang, brake pedal lock, pull the ignition relay, and I even have a spare iphone in the truck with the "Find Friends" app just in case the Boomerang recovery system fails. Overkill to some, but I love my trucks:D

Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and get your truck back. I sincerely hope you do.

Nick

Trevor

08 LMM
Jul 8, 2010
Ontario Canada
Very easy to steal. They are driving them. I'm not going to post what's involved, but not hard to do. Passloc doesn't do shit the way they do it. GMT 900's are harder to do but can still be done.

duramatt05

Nov 21, 2010
sunderland, Ont
guarantee its on the reserve, ive got 2 friends that have had there trucks stolen in that area. cops told them both theyd be on the reserve and they couldnt do anything about it. just call insurance and get your money.

smokinblack

Jun 14, 2010
Hamilton,Ont
Oh trust me Dave I know better then to not have full coverage on my gms lol and ya it's on the reserve, they all go there. Just glad my LLY is all locked up and can't be taken. These trucks are incredibly easy to steal and onstar is useless too. I'm just so pissed cause I had a lot of parts and hours into it. Al I wanted was a pull truck!