LB7: Broken pedal

Lance LB7

Nov 5, 2013
Kentucky
The day has come that I've been reading about and my clutch pedal broke. It won't disengage the clutch. Any wisdom on where to source a new one and tips to replace it would be appreciated.

This is the part number I've found, can someone verify?
AM-5550462

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
There is a guy on facebook that makes steel replacements. Eric haverkamp is his name. [email protected] is his paypal so i would imagine you should be able to get ahold of him that way if you dont have facebook

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Lance LB7

Nov 5, 2013
Kentucky
There is a guy on facebook that makes steel replacements. Eric haverkamp is his name. [email protected] is his paypal so i would imagine you should be able to get ahold of him that way if you dont have facebook

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Got one bought and put in. Biggest pain in the ass ever but well worth It. Thanks man

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Glad I could help. Mine is still sitting in the box waiting for the plastic one to break or at least a good reason to put it in.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Must just be the luck of the draw. Mines still plastic and it definitely gets its use. I want a metal one but was gonna wait til this one failed.

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Must just be the luck of the draw. Mines still plastic and it definitely gets its use. I want a metal one but was gonna wait til this one failed.

I bought one already just so I don't have to wait for it to ship. Plastic one is still holding strong for now.

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Out of curiosity, could one of those firewall adapters that the dodges use be integrated to these trucks? Usually when you get a dual disc kit, they send a new firewall mount with the new hydraulics. It uses two studs to go through the firewall, made of metal, and the master cylinder twists into the adapter.

I may be way out in left field with that thought, I've never seen the master cylinder setup on a duramax truck so this idea may not work at all lol

Lance LB7

Nov 5, 2013
Kentucky
Out of curiosity, could one of those firewall adapters that the dodges use be integrated to these trucks? Usually when you get a dual disc kit, they send a new firewall mount with the new hydraulics. It uses two studs to go through the firewall, made of metal, and the master cylinder twists into the adapter.

I may be way out in left field with that thought, I've never seen the master cylinder setup on a duramax truck so this idea may not work at all lol

If I'm not mistaken, someone makes a plate that goes on the firewall of these trucks to kind of do that. But the metal assembly I bought includes all that. The part that goes through the firewall, the pedal and everything

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Could I see a photo of that?

I'm wanting to convert an 08 to manual is why I've been curious about the dodge plate, and what you guys are talking about.

Clutch_less

5th clutch coming soon
Nov 21, 2018
TN & FL
Has anyone talked to Eric Haverkamp (sp?) I need one of his metal clutch pedal assemblies and email to him hasn't worked so far. A phone # might be better in this case. Thanks.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Got one bought and put in. Biggest pain in the ass ever but well worth It. Thanks man

What was such a pain in the ass about the install?

I remember in the Facebook ZF6 group people said it's not exactly a direct bolt in, but that's all that I saw.