Broken Crank?

awsmv6

May 18, 2014
About 2 weeks ago on the way to work the truck started bucking violently and died. Pulled codes and got p0366 crank sensor. Took it to a mechanic I know and he replaced crank sensor. It still throws the code after clearing it when cranking. We are getting power and signal from both the crank and cam sensor. The reluctor wheel is tight. The truck is building fuel and oil pressure while cranking. The guy I took it to is not knowledgeable on the Duramax so he didn’t want to start taking a lot apart. Anybody have any ideas and does anyone know of a reputable diesel mechanic/ rebuilder near St Louis.Oh yea it is a 08 with 256,000 miles all stock.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Contact clrussell here. He's a couple hours SW of StLouis.

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks guys.

However I’m unofficially retired from trucks. After 20 years I’m just over it professionally.

To the op. Shoot me a pm and I’ll hook you up with a couple guys that can get you taken care of.

JayPrimo

Feb 8, 2020
What about the inspection plate under the trans? Pop that off then have someone crank it, and see if the torque co verter is spinning accordingly to the front half of the crank. If you see a difference, then you got a broken crank.