Broken crank

Chevyhatero

Oct 2, 2019
I have a 2011 3500 Duramax with a broken between two and three main journal this is if they stock engine and I just bought the truck and I’m trying to find another crankshaft and wondering if Chevrolet will replace it it doesn’t have a warranty and I got the motor out already and I need help here

Chevyhatero

Oct 2, 2019
Looking For a 2011 Duramax Crankshaft

For a 2011 Duramax does anybody know I can get a crankshaft

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have a 2011 3500 Duramax with a broken between two and three main journal this is if they stock engine and I just bought the truck and I’m trying to find another crankshaft and wondering if Chevrolet will replace it it doesn’t have a warranty and I got the motor out already and I need help here

First, no need for multiple posts in introductions looking for parts.

Second, you gotta clear your post up here. Ain’t no dealer going to warranty that truck with the engine out if it even has one

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No, Chevy wont replace it.

Where are you located? Put up a "Want to Buy" thread in the Garage Sale section to see if anyone has a good stock crank available to sell.

If you already have the engine torn down, thats half the battle.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
James told you once, I'll tell you again.....please do not post the same question in multiple areas of the forum. This thread in the LML section is sufficient. Also, if you do a search of the forum, you'll see this is a relatively common occurrence.

Again....post a "want to buy" thread in the Garage Sale area asking if anyone has a good used crank to sell. Include where you are located.