Brand New Z06 Kill

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear. :thumb:

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. :D The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. :roflmao: I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. :nana3: His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment. :rofl:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear. :thumb:

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. :D The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. :roflmao: I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. :nana3: His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment. :rofl:

I bet it's back at the dealer for service because he thinks something is wrong with his car :spit:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I always chuckle when I think back to racing this early-00 Camaro at the track way back when. Guy had full firesuit on, no plates on car...I assume he's a 10 sec car at minimum. Being polite, I roll my window down and let him know I always go to the end of the track to slow down/turn off (I was inside lane).
We get going, and lo-and-behold he stayed in my rearview the entire time down the track...never even gained any ground from the start.
Boy, he sure looked pissed off when he was behind me at the timing shack and driving back to the pits. :roflmao:

Its a good feeling, surprising people with a big ole truck. :roflmao: I understood where Coke was coming from. :thumb:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I harass people in my single cab, it's fun to blow their doors off in a truck with 33" mud tires. The single cab will walk the vette until 90 mph when physics finally takes over. I will admit that the vette is much safer though and my knuckles don't turn solid white, but I guess that's half the fun of drifting a 4700 lb lifted truck... Lol...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
I harass people in my single cab, it's fun to blow their doors off in a truck with 33" mud tires. The single cab will walk the vette until 90 mph when physics finally takes over. I will admit that the vette is much safer though and my knuckles don't turn solid white, but I guess that's half the fun of drifting a 4700 lb lifted truck... Lol...

Im with you, I would like to have both! My brother just bought a '17 Corvette Z51 and that thing is nice. I wouldn't own a Corvette without also having my truck but I might add one to my fleet in the next few years! I can't imagine one of those 1000hp Vettes everyone and their mom are building.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Im with you, I would like to have both! My brother just bought a '17 Corvette Z51 and that thing is nice. I wouldn't own a Corvette without also having my truck but I might add one to my fleet in the next few years! I can't imagine one of those 1000hp Vettes everyone and their mom are building.

The Stingray is going to get a TVS 2650. That should put her close to the 1000hp crank area...:D

I still like my fast trucks more though...:)

Washingtonlmmm

Jul 25, 2018

Times like these rarely happen to me. My truck is far from 830 hp but still. I beat wrxs and stis but man good on ya.