Braided brakelines and slotted rotors

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Mike have you tried removing the abs fuse? My last truck had a lot of trouble staging and it helped a lot. I know it sounds kind of sketchy but several guys do it including some that race a lot. Just don't panic stop lol.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
ACDelco has some decent priced stuff in a slotted rotor, made by Raybestos.

Rotors
Front
ACDelco 18A1206SD Specialty Performance Front Disc Brake Rotor Assembly

Rear
AC Delco Performance Rotor Chevy Disc Brake 18A926SD

ACDelco 17D784CH Professional Durastop Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set

Rather than the Russel lines I was looking at replacing all 5 hoses rather than just the 3 in the Russel kit, these have some good specifications. I called them the other day to verify fitment...

http://www.classictube.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sbh6058
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
ACDelco has some decent priced stuff in a slotted rotor, made by Raybestos.

Rotors
Front
ACDelco 18A1206SD Specialty Performance Front Disc Brake Rotor Assembly

Rear
AC Delco Performance Rotor Chevy Disc Brake 18A926SD

ACDelco 17D784CH Professional Durastop Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set

Rather than the Russel lines I was looking at replacing all 5 hoses rather than just the 3 in the Russel kit, these have some good specifications. I called them the other day to verify fitment...

http://www.classictube.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sbh6058
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

The Russell kit does replace all 5 hoses.

Just snagged the kit off Amazon for $97. Figured I'd be about that or even more to have my local hydraulic shop do it. Might as well just order the Russell kit.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

Just snagged the kit off Amazon for $97. Figured I'd be about that or even more to have my local hydraulic shop do it. Might as well just order the Russell kit.

I never found the quantity's of lines in the kits, the new picture does show 5 pieces, some of the older depictions were just that, depictions. The location of the manufacturer was not to my liking and a couple of comments in the reviews on Amazon were not so good..

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The Russell kit is 5 pieces, it fits nice, looks nice and is good quality.
Im glad you got the russell kit you wont he disappointed, When it comes to brakes never cheap out and try to save money.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

It certainly does. Cost about the same when I did it last year

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I went down this path already and changing brakes did nothing. Got Russell lines, powerslot rotors and Hawk superduty pads. Still walks the brakes. I bet your hydroboost is weak. Has it ever been replaced?

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
The Russell kit is 5 pieces, it fits nice, looks nice and is good quality.
Im glad you got the russell kit you wont he disappointed, When it comes to brakes never cheap out and try to save money.
I got the same lines. 5 pieces come with the kit

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Mine were made in USA, not sure where you are buying shit from.

Made in the USA with parts from China, difficult to get around that one nowadays in an international economy, like I said earlier you never know what's in the box. The Bosch glow plugs I just recently purchased, the box was Bosch the glow plugs inside the box were ACDelco made in Germany, go figure, from RockAuto no less.