LB7: BPU's for the LB7

MolonLabe420

DirtyMax
Apr 6, 2018
SE PA
I don't think I saw EGR Delete or upgraded turbo compressor wheel anywhere, they could be basic mods.

360 rwhp trans starts to hate you? say you have a efi live max tune for stock trans say a 90 HP will that put you at about 360 give or take a stock lb7 has about 260 to the wheels?
I don't think this was answered...
I have an Edge Tuner and it has a Level 4 tune that says 100hp/210tq. Is that safe to run with a stock trans? Does the trans go boom or just start slipping around 360whp?
Also, if you add a boost valve and are now running 30ish psi as apposed to the stock 18ish, how close does that alone put you to the 360whp limit?
I have most of the basics now, but no clue how close to the limit I am.. is there a thread for what parts put you at different power levels or what parts are worth as far as HP gains?
I think the LB7s make like 300 or 320hp stock (at the engine)... what does it take to get to 360 at the wheels and what does that equal at the engine?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You can limp the stock Allison with an Edge. Been there, done that. You can read about how Allison's normally fail as they start to limp.

EGR delete isn't necessary until about 30 PSI of boost. Around there it starts blowing open, but prior to that, no performance issue since it shuts off at full throttle.

Just adding boost on a stock tune won't actually increase horsepower, since there won't be any extra fuel to burn with the extra air.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk