LBZ: boost leak

jmw1439

Jul 3, 2014
ok guys this what I have going on been trying to figure it out for awhile now. I seem to not be getting enough air my truck puffs black smoke when giving it gas to let say pass someone on the highway it will puff out smoke and clear up and go just fine but with a little lag. I have a blocker plate pvc reroute and 4 inch exhaust and the truck is set on stock right now. I did a boost leak test the other day by pumping air at 20psi to the hot side ic pipe and the only leak I could find was air coming out the back of the egr cooler where the blocker plate is. is there no gasket there only on the exhaust side. so my thinking is my egr valve is stuck open and im losing boost though the egr system. I did the test not long after it had been running but my thinking was the valve should be closed with the key off. just trying to get a idea if all this sounds right.

jmw1439

Jul 3, 2014
During the boost test it leaks air in between the back of the egr cooler and the blocker plate there so no gasket there it's just the plate up next to the cooler

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Before I installed the EGR plate in mine I looked it over carefully and it was not manufactured/stamped very well. I took a piece a glass and some sandpaper and surfaced both sides. Can't expect a 50 cent piece of die cut metal to seal very well, had I installed it the way it was it definitely would have leaked. Which side did you push the gasket to, the uppipe or the cooler.?

jmw1439

Jul 3, 2014
The gasket is on the up pipe side it is sealed there it doesn't leak exhaust. But I can feel and hear air coming out on the cooler side when I did a boost leak test

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
What state? If it isn't too bad on emissions then delete it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk