Bolt-in Upper Ball Joint Question

kazuaki

Feb 2, 2009
I've got Cognito upper control arms (the original tubular ones with dual shock mount) on my 2006. My upper ball joints are due for replacement. What are the best ones available now? I thought that Kryptonite made good ones, but they don't seem to be available. My truck isn't seriously cranked, but I use it offroad a fair amount and the upper ball joints seem to take a beating.

Thanks

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Do you have dual shocks? And yes, they will not last on a seriously cranked front end.

Go to napa and get the ncp 260-1313. Lifetime warranty and better than the junk cognitio sends

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i got moog as well but they were not the right ones(my 2009 chev w 6"lift and tubes w dual shocks), called everybody in the world , all the guys at 4 wheel jeep center got together and the vote was i had a bullit proof lift, WRONG , they didnt work either, couldnt find the damn correct uppers , then ran across a great deal on a Denali so i traded her in hahahahaahah not my prob anymore :woott::woott:

kazuaki

Feb 2, 2009
I do not have dual shocks. I have Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. My front end is not very cranked at all, it is lower than the rear of the truck still.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
No dual shocks is good. You say in your first post it’s “seriously cranked” so that’s why I figured it was and hurting joints.

Run those ncp joints and you will be good.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
No dual shocks is good. You say in your first post it’s “seriously cranked” so that’s why I figured it was and hurting joints.

Run those ncp joints and you will be good.
Are these joints good for stock UCAs as well? I think I need to replace mine on my 02.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Do you have dual shocks? And yes, they will not last on a seriously cranked front end.

Go to napa and get the ncp 260-1313. Lifetime warranty and better than the junk cognitio sends

found this thread in the search....how do these napa ones compare to the kryptonite?(was looking at their upper and lower kit) I need upper ball joints, my stock cognitos with the T bars cranked way up made it 3 years/25k, i have it lowered down now, just want something better than what the cognitos had

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
found this thread in the search....how do these napa ones compare to the kryptonite?(was looking at their upper and lower kit) I need upper ball joints, my stock cognitos with the T bars cranked way up made it 3 years/25k, i have it lowered down now, just want something better than what the cognitos had

It’s all I’ve ran. Lifetime warranty and easy to get if one goes. I get 50-60k out of them.