Body mount part numbers

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok, i know this has been covered over and over and over and over and over and over......... oh and over again. BUT because of tha,t weeding through thread after thread is a royal pain.

can someone help a brotha out and get me the part numbers for the upper and lower cushion/rubber part for the 01-10 trucks? hell, even a link to the numbers i need will work. i dont need the hydraulic mounts. i have a few shot mounts but the steel/bolts are fine (yay for az non rust state lol). I dont want poly unless i absolutely have to and i dont trust the dorman stuff to hold up.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I can post them up in a little bit James. Just an FYI they're not cheap. Dorman has a full set for a great price, I'll put those up too.

Yellowchevy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Reg I've had a set in my toolbox for 6 months. Gonna put em on next week finally and will let you know.

OEM ones are expensive, I think the dormans are 25ish per mount with all the hardware.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I can post them up in a little bit James. Just an FYI they're not cheap. Dorman has a full set for a great price, I'll put those up too.

Yellowchevy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thats why im just buying the rubber cushions for top and bottom, rest of chet is in good shape

Nothing is cheap but drugs and the girls on them.

While we're on the body mount skit, do those hydraulic mounts really help at all?

i hear mixed reviews and honestly, my truck rides nice enough i dont want them.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Reg I've had a set in my toolbox for 6 months. Gonna put em on next week finally and will let you know.

OEM ones are expensive, I think the dormans are 25ish per mount with all the hardware.

yes but i dont trust them lasting. its all sub par chinese crap... ill put polys in before those

unless someone has put a few years on them and has before/after measurements to say differently.... then i could be persuaded lol

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I have had the "new hydraulic" rear mounts for about 7 years and that are still holding the body lines and not sagging like the stock ones did. The bottom rubber mounts with the washer do need to be replaced though.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
I hear you on the dormans. Why mine haven't been changed yet. I've thought for way too long about running poly with the hydraulic rears

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
doing the hydraulic means changing all the pieces for the one mount and like i said, im plenty happy with my ride. i just want to replace the rubber in there. hell my body line is maybe 1/4 lower than the bed (best ive seen for original mounts and 213k on the body). the front are shot because i get a clunk over rough roads or if i am articulating the truck while towing, you get a real nice LOUD creaking

and no, its not ball joints, steering, hubs, etc etc. you can see the evidence pretty clear on the body mount lol

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I hear you on the dormans. Why mine haven't been changed yet. I've thought for way too long about running poly with the hydraulic rears

my concern there is the lack of movement from the front/middle mounts vs the rear. you are talking about a significant difference in rubber compounds and how they work. the polys will barely move were the hydraulic are designed to move quite a bit to absorb vib/noise. either you wont notice much difference because the rest of the polys are keeping the body from moving or you may start killing actual body from the back being able to flex while the middle cant.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The hydraulic mount is to remedy a specific concern just replacing them doesn't necessarily equate to a better ride.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
They are for a service bulletin for frame beaming which is an odd indescribable bounce/vibration at around 45-65 mph. If anyone gets a noticeably better ride from the hydraulic mounts it's because their originals were just shot to hell

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
10 years old and spent 9 years in northern Maine. I've seen worse but it's the last remaining OEM rubber under the truck.

For how quick you can swap em, even if the dormans are gone within a couple years it's probably worth the savings. OEMs are closer to 100 a pop iirc. And yeah that's another reason I hadn't got the polys :). The woes of being cheap

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
10 years old and spent 9 years in northern Maine. I've seen worse but it's the last remaining OEM rubber under the truck.

For how quick you can swap em, even if the dormans are gone within a couple years it's probably worth the savings. OEMs are closer to 100 a pop iirc. And yeah that's another reason I hadn't got the polys :). The woes of being cheap

my problem is time. i would rather be working on my toys than the truck anymore. hence i have not hit the track with it much and took me so damn long just to put bigger injectors in. they sat on the shelf for some time lol. it only gets 5-7k a year put on it now but i like parking her in the garage and not having to worry about fixing this little thing or that little thing cause they add up quick.

last i looked a few years ago when i was originally going to replace them, the rubber was 20-25bucks for both pieces, the whole kit like the dorman is 100+

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yup, found the part numbers and yup, you guys were right. shit is 70 bucks a pop for just the rubber top piece.

Poly's it is. if i dont like them, it was worth the try and ill pick up some dormans. (totally contradicts what i just said about no time, right? f**k me lmao)

ya'll can smack me now :( :roflmao:

Last edited: