Blue smoke burning oil

2015lmlbeans0115

Sep 19, 2021
I have a 2015 lml burning oil blowing blue smoke thought it was the turbo I put brand new turbo in last week still same problem. Truck still runs great balance rates are right where they need to be not burning coolant. Wiggles oil cab slightly when check blowby not sure what issue can be oil is dripping out the exhaust pipe when put in new turbo had oils in intercooler pipes but the up pipes where clean also any ideas let me know what to check next.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
So you say oil is coming out exhaust now? It was not when you changed Turbo? Oil in the intercooler pipe can only come from turbo or PCV.

2015lmlbeans0115

Sep 19, 2021
So you say oil is coming out exhaust now? It was not when you changed Turbo? Oil in the intercooler pipe can only come from turbo or PCV.
I was getting oil out exhaust prior to new turbo also and in intercooler pipes. Up pipes are both clean but the oil out exhaust isn’t even burned just dripping went through 2 quarts in 400 miles

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Possibly. What for turbo did you use for replacement? Sounds like seals are going in your turbo for some reason.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I've had this happen to me when my pcv reroute hose became plugged. Not sure how it is on LMLs but check each side where the vent come out of the valve covers maybe one of them is blocked, or maybe the pcv reroute hose is kinked slightly. My problem stemmed from making the hose too long ending by the frame under the drivers door. Shortened it up to just go down the side of the motor and the problem went away.

Last edited:

2015lmlbeans0115

Sep 19, 2021
I've had this happen to me when my pcv reroute hose became plugged. Not sure how it is on LMLs but check each side where the vent come out of the valve covers maybe one of them is blocked, or maybe the pcv reroute hose is kinked slightly. My problem stemmed from making the hose too long ending by the frame under the drivers door. Shortened it up to just go down the side of the motor and the problem went away.
That’s exactly what it was was kinked off pushing oil out turbo seal fixed that and instantly quit the way it comes out on a lml house up at angle towards front of block so have to loop it right there and the loop kinked made a bigger loop might put a elbow there or see if I can find a formed hose for a cleaner look