Blown head gaskets???

Apr 26, 2016
North Dakota
Hey guys, I've been having a little bit of trouble with my truck. I drove it back from Minnesota and I noticed right away that the heater was not working when I was warming up the truck. I figured that it just had air in the cooling system because of my very poorly made coolant tank. checked that and it was full. started driving and the heater starts blowing warm air after I have the rpms higher. It made the trip home very cold. So anyways I finished building the new coolant tank yesterday and I figured that would fix my problem because it sits at the same height as the factory one. I still have no heat in the cab. the system is fully warmed up. I even took the lines of to the heater core and back flushed it, I can blow thru it both ways with my mouth very easily. same goes for the lines to the engine I can blow thru those easily. I will try and pressure test it today. After I put the compounds on it I figured I would run into a head gasket issue eventually but is this it? Thanks in advance for any help!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Hard radiator hose?

What temp is it running at? Sounds more like thermostats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Mine had heat 95% of the time with blown hg's. But when the thermostats were out, I'd have to run it 4 grand in 4th on the interstate that get hot air, forget heat in town unless your racing for heat from red light to red light.

Apr 26, 2016
North Dakota
I bled the are with the bleed screw on top of the thermostat housing after it warmed up. And I left the cap off while it got up to temp. I will throw a set of thermostats in it today. It has been about 2 years since I replaced them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2016
North Dakota
Hard radiator hose?

What temp is it running at? Sounds more like thermostats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The gauge says it's running at 200 but. When I stop it kind of goes up close to 210 then drops a little bit below 200 again. I don't have a monitor so I don't know how accurate my dash gauge really is

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Good deal, figured that's what it was, I forgot my temp gauge was somewhat close to normal until they were completely shot, at idle it would go straight to 165 on the temp gauge which was less than 150 on a scanner.