LBZ: Blowing maf sensor

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
A buddy of mine has a lbz and has been going thru the mass air flow sensor like crazy. After going thru two i thought is was the edge attitude doing it. So i took that off and he has been running it stock for four months and no issue. Now racing/pulling season is starting a problem has showed back up. We figured that it only blows the sensor out when motor is under a load since everytime it has mess up is when he is pulling his trailers which weigh 10k. Anyone have any ideas why its doing this? Truck is all stock other than the s&b intake,and exhaust.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
its a oil filter but he has not cleaned it since he bought truck and that was about 2years ago. I thought about the filter causing it but when i took the sensor out it is dry not covered in oil from the filter

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
What exactly is happening to lead him to replacing the MAF sensor? Codes? Limp mode? MAF sensor codes usually point to a different issue.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
If the sensor has been replaced that many times it sounds like a wiring issue then if it's a low voltage code and not the P0101-Performance code.