Block Heater Plug

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
For those of you that use the block heater, where do you access your plug? I pull the plug through the bottom opening in the passenger side finder liner. Then I pull it back through and tuck it between the passenger side battery and finder when I'm not using it. Is there a better place to put it without having to go through all this hassle? I have seen most Dodges and Fords where theirs is pulled through an opening in the front bumper but I would think the plug ends would get corroded there. Let me know where you guys have yours. Thanks!

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
I keep mine lying along the inside of the passenger fender just below where the hood closes. Basically same level as the top of the coolant tank and AFE filter housing. When I plug my truck in I keep the plugs under the hood and fully close it so just the cord hangs out right between the headlight, grill and hood.

02's are different, I'm not sure where a good place is on those. You could just get one of those plug caps to put on when its not in use.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
You live in Tennessee, you shouldn't even need to use the block heater

True. However, I only have a three mile commute to work so if I don't plug it in, I won't have any heat (I know, I'm a wuss). I realize I could start the truck and let it run for a while before I leave, but I figure it's cheaper to plug it in than burn the diesel. I don't plug it in unless the nighttime temp will be below 30*.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
02's are different, I'm not sure where a good place is on those. You could just get one of those plug caps to put on when its not in use.

My plug actually has a cap with it but it doesn't stay on the end of the plug very well.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
True. However, I only have a three mile commute to work so if I don't plug it in, I won't have any heat (I know, I'm a wuss). I realize I could start the truck and let it run for a while before I leave, but I figure it's cheaper to plug it in than burn the diesel. I don't plug it in unless the nighttime temp will be below 30*.

Gotcha :thumb:

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
Right now the cord just hangs out down by the passenger side tow hook. Tomorrow I'm going to install one of these for a cleaner look.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...=true&storeNum=5002&subdeptNum=9&classNum=311

08475_f.jpg

Last edited:

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
I have mine hanging down below the pass side tow hook also

It would be easier to get to but how do you keep the plug end from getting corroded? My factory cap is a piece of junk and won't stay on the end very well. I like what Will suggested too.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I have my plug hanging out between the pass. side headlight and the hood right by the grill. I had to cut some of the wire loom that it was wrapped in so I could stretch it over there.

ghostrider01

on here to learn!
Dec 6, 2009
NM/WY
My friend has a LMM that he bought from Phoenix and he cant find the heater cord. Can it be that it didnt come with one??? I kinda some what looked the other day but i couldnt see it but it was because i didnt want to lean on his truck because i didnt want to scratch his black paint ;)

ghostrider01

on here to learn!
Dec 6, 2009
NM/WY
Yeah in my LB7 i wanna say it was by the passenger battery and on my LLY it is by the passenger side battery so that is were i was looking on my friends LMM but i really didnt look that much. Because correct me if im wrong but shouldnt it be wrapped up in the wire loom that is conected to the inner fender?

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
Yeah in my LB7 i wanna say it was by the passenger battery and on my LLY it is by the passenger side battery so that is were i was looking on my friends LMM but i really didnt look that much. Because correct me if im wrong but shouldnt it be wrapped up in the wire loom that is conected to the inner fender?

Easiest way I've found to tell people that say they don't have a cord is "grab the negative battery cable and slide your hand along it till you hit the big ball of crap all taped and zip tied together. When you find that, you found the plug.":D

ghostrider01

on here to learn!
Dec 6, 2009
NM/WY
Easiest way I've found to tell people that say they don't have a cord is "grab the negative battery cable and slide your hand along it till you hit the big ball of crap all taped and zip tied together. When you find that, you found the plug.":D

Lol Yeah im gunna have to try that but i just need to find a stool or something so i can actually reach over his fender because his front stance seems to be higher then mine. ;)